Sunday 18 October 2009

Rozzy's Trimcraft Quilling Sketch Challenge 2

Just made the deadline for this challenge due to laptop throwing a wobbly. As last time I really loved doing this and the sketch to follow is a daisy shape.
I made the daisy from full strips of 5mm quilling paper in yellow and orange in marquise shapes. Fot the leaves, I joined together half a pale green and a full mid green strip and wound them up with the pale colour in the centre. I made the finished wind slightly looser and pinched them into long marquise shapes.

The stem is made from a full green 3mm strip folded over several times and then glued together a bit. I find this makes it easier to glue the stem in place.
I cut a rectangle of white card, embossed it with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and trimmed the edges with scallop scissors. I then glued all the daisy pieces in place.
I used a piece of backing paper made with my Millefiori technique (see side labels) in toning colours and stuck this to a white square textured card blank with a narrow yellow strip embossed with the daisy spray from the Cuttlebug With Love border set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there nothing you can't do ? Fliss this is fab. I love how gorgeous and very up to date this is. Beautiful work my friend
hugs June xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Fliss
Nice to see some quilling again - it's ages since I had a go. You must have a lot of patience Fliss!! Stunning card and the flower is perfect.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx