Thursday 19 November 2009

Oh Christmas Tree

As I'm a bit behind with my Christmas cards as usual, I decided to have a go at making a Masterboard which has been featured in Craft Stamper and is also the theme of Saturday Spotlight this week. As my finished item has the colours red, gold and green, it also fits in with this week's challenge at Tuesday Taggers . Finally, it also fits in with the Sunday Stampers challenge run by Hels Sheridan-to have a look at her fab work click here . The theme this week is Christmas Trees.
OK-here's my Masterboard first

This is just a bit of it as I used a piece of watercolour paper measuring 16 x 12 inches.
I painted it with red and yellow watercolours and then sprayed it with Glimmer Mists in Wine & Roses, Olive Vine and Emperor Gold. I stamped Hobby Art's Christmas Sentiments GR1052G all over in Brilliance Pearlescent Poppy ink. I just love this stamp as it's so useful for background papers as well as cutting up for greetings.
Here's a card I made with just a small piece of it:

I embossed part of a red square card with the Cuttlebug Holly Spray folder and stuck a piece of the decorated paper on the left side.
I stamped Hobby Art's gorgeous new Swirl Tree SC2009E in VersaFine Spanish Moss ink and embossed it with Crystal transparent powder. I then cut it out and rubbed the back with an embossing ball tool to make it curve out. I embossed a manila tag with part of the Cuttlebug Lace Tree folder and stuck the tree on. I gold embossed the edges.  I finished off the tag with a paper flower and some red and green pearl cotton wound round the bottom. A really easy card to make once you've made your backing paper.

9 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab masterboard and gorgeous card...i love making masterboards..such inkyness! Thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper :O))

Unknown said...

WOW Fliss, love the masterboard, and the card you have made is just fantastic, thanks for joining us at TT this week. Hugs Avril xxx

Unknown said...

This is brilliant love everything you have done to produce this card x Thanks for playing along with Tt this week x Janet

cheryl said...

great masterboard hun love it hugs cheryl xxxx

Liz said...

brilliant fliss fits into paperplay as well hun
liz x

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss!! WOW!! What a brilliant creation!! I love your masterboard and the way you've put it all together!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Jessica G. said...

Very elegant masterboard technique! Thanks for playing along in this week's Saturday Spotlight challenge!!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Thanks for the tutorial Fliss - love the techniques you've combined in this beautiful card.
Thanks also for your lovely comment on my latest project - I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend.
Love, Sylvia xx

Michelle said...

Wonderful work. A great entry for the Tuesday Taggers challenge this week. Thanks for playing along with us.
x Michelle