Tuesday 8 December 2009

FANTASTIC NEWS! And More Of Tim's Tags

I'm so excited at the moment that I'm practically bursting with it lol. On Sunday afternoon I received an invitation from Nikky at Polka Doodles asking me to join the Design Team. How fantastic is that?! I've been on cloud 9 ever since (after I'd picked myself up off the floor!!!) and am soooo looking forward to working with the team and the gorgeous Polka Doodles stash.
I would like to send many congratulations to my fellow new DT members too:
And now I'd like to show you my versions of days 3 and 4 of Sir Tim's gorgeous tags. Day 4 was quite a challenge as I didn't have anything to make the focal point and had to think outside the box lol

Here's day 3 and my Santa stamp is CI-163 by Crafty Individuals-this will be getting a lot of use methinks! I made the little tag myself using a cut down punched tag which is inked and the text written with a Sharpie marker. It was then double embossed with clear powder. I've used grey raffia instead of jute string.

And here's day 4 which was the most challenging yet. Tim used a little memory frame but as I didn't have this or anything else small enough, I made the shape from mount board and cut a window in it. I stamped the little snowman and snowflakes (Hobby Art Town House clear set) on another piece of mount board cut to the same size and inked it. I covered the front piece in embossing ink and coated it with 2 coats of pewter embossing powder. I added a little frosted lace Stickles at the top and stuck the 2 parts together so that the snowman showed in the window. I attached a K & Co charm and attached the little house with wire through a picture hook. I added a ribbon bow at the top.
The remainder of the tag was made in a similar fashion to Tim's by stamping and masking then inking with various Distress inks.
Hope you like my version.

7 comments:

cheryl said...

oh sweetie your tags are just stunning and so happy about the news you so so deserive it as you are such an inspiration,and to be honest it could not have happened to a nicer kinder person than you,love hugs cheryl xxxx

Hearts Turned said...

Congratulations, Fliss! That's just fabulous--and so well-deserved! Love your work!

Thanks for your kind visit yesterday--always so appreciated!

Hope you have a lovely winter day!

Fiona said...

Fab tags Fliss and many congrats on your DT news.
Fiona x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Stunning tags Fliss - love the vintage images. Congratulations on becoming a DT member - you deserve it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Fantastic news, Fliss! And sheer genius tags! Very creative.

Hugs,
Chris xx

crafty creations said...

Stunning tags Fliss - have enjoyed looking through your blog and added myself as a follower x Hilda

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Oh these are fab! good lcuk in the draw
Happy Christmas