Monday 18 January 2010

Two Hearts

This is my entry for this week's challenge at AI Factory with a theme of a Valentine card with lace. I've used one of their lovely digital image sheets for my card (if you pop over you'll be able to see the link to the online shop where you can try out some of the gorgeous images free) and I've resized the images and printed them out on to some of the gorgeous patterned papers from the new Love & Cherish Polka Doodles CD (click here for the shop).
Firstly, apologies for the rather bad photo of the front of the card as the colours are like the inside which was scanned. I couldn't scan the front as the pearls looked terrible!
All I've done to make the gatefold card is to stick on the printed out heart panels and add crocheted lace top and bottom. I then stuck on pink and cream pearls to decorate the hearts. I lined the inside with more of the polka dot paper and added a deeper pink heart embossed with the Cuttlebug textile folder and the sentiment from the digital sheet printed on patterned paper,  cut out with an oval cutter and matted on black. The sentiment on the front is computer generated.

1 comment:

Erin Smetak said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE the lace that you used! Where did you find it?! It's wide and just fabulous! Fantastic job! Thanks so much for playing in the AiFactory challenge!