Sunday 10 October 2010

Meadow Tag

Morning all on a very bright Sunday. Hope you're all having a good weekend. I'm on my tod at the moment as my hubby has had to go to a church service at one of the many churches where he's the church architect as he has to discuss colour schemes with the vicar.
I have another of my experimental pieces from yesterday to show you and as it's a tag, I'm also going to enter this in the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge, Wrinkle Free Distress for week 16.


This one's a bit different as when I was experimenting with card yesterday, I used a bit too much water and dropped on an embossed pattern kitchen towel to mop up the excess. The resulting colours looked so lovely on the textured surface that I dried it off and glued it to the tag to make a background.
I stamped on images from the Penny Black Enjoy Life clear set in black and added a Japanese coin (kindly donated by my elder daughter) to the top.
I also think that sometimes the simplest thing is the best so I hope you like it.
Fliss xx

4 comments:

Linda Ledbetter said...

Fliss, don't you love it when a "mistake" ends up being a discovery? What a cool texture you achieved with that kitchen towel! This is simplicity in the very best sense-- elegant, beautiful and brilliant-- and it's a real treat to enjoy TWO examples of your art this week!

Sally H said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the stunning colours and those stamps are so pretty. Your last one is stunning too!

Rose said...

This is lovely Fliss, definitely a 'mistake' worth keeping! The colours are gorgeous.

Rose x

Tracy said...

Fliss this is so beautiful, I love your design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x