Friday 29 October 2010

Polka Doodles - Autumn

Hello everyone, it's Friday again and this week over at Polka Doodles it's the turn of yours truly to choose the theme. As I'm an Autumn girl by birth and have a birthday coming up soon, I decided it's the perfect opportunity to celebrate the glorious shades of fallen leaves. I've always loved the gorgeous rich golds and browns although being blonde means I can't wear them!
Here's my golden creation:
As I'm having printer problems again at the moment in the form of colour balance, I had to hunt through my PD stash to find something to use. Fortunately I had some bits left over from the Autumn section of Sundae of Seasons after making my samples for Nikky.
For the focal point, I printed out the black and white digi tree and a sheet of leaves. I cut the tree out with a circular Nestabilities die and coloured the white surrounding areas with Scattered Straw and Dried Marigold Distress inks. I then coloured the tree bark with Promarkers. I set this on a double mat of scalloped circles cut from deep reddish brown and golden card.
I then coloured some of the leaves with Promarkers and cut them out. I assembled the card as you see using some of the beautiful papers from the CD carrying on the scallop theme. I added some tiny jewels and a sentiment from the CD to finish.

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with and you have until 12 noon on Sunday 7 November to upload your creations on the challenge blog.

I will also have some exciting news soon about candy and things so keep an eye out for this!

I'd also like to enter my card in the Crafty Creations challenge with a theme of Halloween or perhaps Autumn. I think mine qualifies as a perhaps Autumn! 

5 comments:

Sally H said...

That is gorgeous, Fliss! Love the tree and the leaves and the colours, all of it!

Fiona said...

Beautiful autumnal colours Fliss, love the leaves.

Saskia said...

Beautiful card, so elegant!!

Great to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!!

Sweet greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

cheryl said...

oh fliss hun this is just amazing,love it hugs cheryl xxx

Vintage Milly said...

Hi Fliss,great Autumn card,
also to say Many Happy Returns, hope you have a wonderful day, just posted your card.
Em.x