Saturday 28 May 2011

2 For The Price Of 1

Good afternoon everyone and hope you're having a good weekend. I also hope you've got better weather than the strong winds we still have in Sussex.
Don't know about you but I'm really missing my followers who have been gone for 2 days now, apart from a short reappearance earlier on but they're now gone again! I know lots of others are in the same boat and have no idea what's going on.
Anyway, rant over and on to bit of crafting I've been doing today. When I saw the challenge over at Try It On Tuesday was Scraplings, I just knew I had to have a go as this sort of follows on from my tutorial of a couple of weeks ago about using up the leftovers I get from making square cards which you may have noticed are a real favourite of mine! If you would like to see what I did click HERE.
I've actually made 2 rather different scraplings because I enjoyed making the first one so much:


I've just got my crafty mitts on the new Tim Holtz Sewing Room die set which I had to have as my younger daughter is doing a fashion degree - we have a real mannequin in our lounge at the moment!
I cut the images out with kraft card and beige parchment card. I then decorated the beige card torso with Versacolor inks in Umber, Cinnamon, Aqua, Peach and Sand Beige using my Millefiori Technique (tutorial page with links at top of blog) and the Polka Doodles Daisy Doodles stamp set.
I decorated the scrapling (mine is 6 x 14.8cm as I make my square cards from A4 card and cut a strip off the long edge) in the same way using Smoke Blue, Lilac and Umber. I then inked the edges with Atlantic Blue. I stuck this to a scrap of kraft card for contrast.
I added lace, braid and pearls then scored the kraft mannequin to look like wood. I tied some thread round the cotton reel and through the buttons and added a stamped tape measure piece (Creative Expressions) to finish.
This will be going to my daughter for her new accommodation when she starts the second year of her degree in September.

Challenges for this one:
Fairytale Challenge - Anything But A Card
Southern Girls - Frills & Polish (Lace & Pearls)
Papertake Weekly - Pretty Pastels (hope the neutral kraft is OK here)

And now for the slightly more quirky one!


I absolutely adore the Party Cats set (Lost Coast Designs) which I think look a bit naughty, especially the one I've used here.
I stamped the cat with VersaFine Onyx Black ink, coloured with Promarkers and cut her out.
I decorated the scrapling base by stamping with a Hero Arts stripe and diamond stamp using Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and Mustard Seed Distress inks.
I added the cat with foam tape and a sentiment which was a free Craft Stamper stamp a while back, coloured with a Lime Promarker.

Challenge for both of the scraplings:
Try It On Tuesday - Scraplings

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

12 comments:

Miria said...

What a gorgeous use of scraplings, Fliss! The technique you used to decorate the first card is amazing, so creative! Have a nice Bank Holiday weekend, Miria
p.s. Where have all the FoLlOWERS gone?

Netty said...

Both smashing cards Fliss, but I think you know my favourite...lol Annette x

Jenny said...

Gefällt mir sehr gut. Klasse gemacht.
Danke für dein Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge.

Kazza said...

That looks awesome with that great diecut!! would really like that one too. Thanks for playing along at southern Girls. Karen xx

Bianca said...

They both are looking so very pritty! Can´t say whats my fav one! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Brenda Brown said...

Both fabulous Fliss in different ways and how lovely to be surrounded by fashion stuff with your daughter.
Blogger is still playing me up too - on some blogs I can't even see the photos of the cards - pain eh?
Happy Sunday.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

PatR said...

Love both your scraplings Fliss.The fashion one really appeals to me as I have done plenty of sewing in my time. The pussy cat one is just as gorgeous in it's own way, I love the image and the colour. Thanks for joining us this week for the TioT challenge. xx

Cazro said...

Hi Fliss, thanks for you last comment, much appreciated, are you going to apply too?
Many thanks for taking part in the TIOT challenge for Scraplings, I love both of them, my favourite is the sewing one, but the cat made me smile. Caz

Basslady said...

this is fantastic!

your creations are so awesome!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello a wonderful job.
A stunning design.
Thanks for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge.
** Karla

PokSa said...

Beautiful work. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra

Nela said...

Its so gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela