Saturday 7 May 2011

Late Late Late!

Hello folks and I hope you're all having a lovely weekend. I've finally managed to finish off this afternoon something I started a couple of months ago and then put aside as I had too many other things to do at the time (no pun intended here!)
When I saw the challenge over at Drunken Stampers this week is to use playing cards, it gave me the much needed push to assemble my piece of artwork and add the finishing touches.
It started off life as a rather interesting piece of packaging which I saved for recycling because of the shape:
And here's how it turned out when I altered it:


I covered it with some paper from the Polka Doodles Wonderland CD, choosing a black and white one and then altering it with Fired Brick Distress ink. I went round the edges with a gold Krylon pen.
I then added a couple of heart shapes cut from more papers on the CD and inked round the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink together with some of the gorgeous vintage playing cards very kindly shared by Traci at Scraps Of Whimsy and I'm really sorry it took me so long to do something with these.
I then stamped the white rabbit from the Polka Doodles Wonderland stamp set and coloured him with Promarkers. I stamped a clock from Paper Artsy Clocks 1 plate and embossed with gold detail powder then coloured with Distress inks and cut the images out.
I finished off with text stamped with the Hero Arts Pixie letters sets and Vintage Photo ink.

Challenges for my altered artwork:
Drunken Stampers - Use A Playing Card
The Altered Alice - Time

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

14 comments:

Netty said...

This is great Fliss and love the playing cards. Annette

Lynne Phelps said...

GREAT implementation of our TIME challenge, thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Those vintage playing cards are GORGEOUS! Love it that you use recycled packaging, my inspiration piece started life as a humble microwave popcorn box! That winged clock at the top is perfect, and the White Rabbit has a real sense of urgency about him, lol!

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss...I was brought here by the Altered Alice. I have to distress everything! I love what you've done here....the distressed, papered hearts make the piece for me...love them! Good luck!

Traci Thiel said...

This turned out fantastic! Your inking is just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Lovely work!. I like very much the cards.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely piece, love love those playing cards and the hearts. Great interpretation of our theme. Thanks for joining in the challenge at The Altered Alice. Tracy x

cheryl said...

oh this is great hun,love the rabbit,and the playing card hugs cheryl xxx

Sue said...

What a great way to use the TIME theme, the hearts, playing cards and rabbit all work so well together. That rabbit is so much fun, he has a real sense of being in a hurry!!! Thanks for playing along with us this month.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic! Really love this altered piece Fliss!
Hope all is well with you!
Alison xx

BarbaraW said...

What a fantastic piece to share at the Altered Alice. The rabbit is so right. Time does fly, thus the wings. The playing cards are awesome. I really love your art.

Georgia Peach said...

Great job. Love the colors and the playing card.
The rabbit is right on, with are theme.

Nigel said...

Wonderful work and I don't think I've seen a rabbit in pyjamas before!

Zue said...

Really funny! Wonder where he is rushing off to!
Nice one , Fliss!
Sue xx

CuddlyBunny said...

Wow! Fantastic piece that is just perfect for The Altered Alice!