Saturday 14 May 2011

Lets Ink It Up Challenge 15 - Sentiment Only + 3D Flower

Good afternoon all on a lovely sunny day and a great start to the weekend. It's great to be blogging again after being deprived on Friday 13th which it really was from a crafter's point of view.
We have a new challenge for you over at Let's Ink It Up and this time we would like to see your projects with the sentiment as the focus and a 3D flower which you can create however you like.
You might need your sunglasses for my card as it's very bright and sunny:




I decided on an easel style card as the sentiment I chose is quite large and I felt my usual favoured square card would be too small when I added my planned flower.
I made the background papers using my Distress Ink Grunge Background Technique (there's a tutorial link on my side bar if you'd like to see how to make this really quick paper). The yellow one uses Distress inks with Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw and Crushed Olive. I stamped the grasses from the Inkadinkado Garden Delight set wih Crushed Olive and one of the flowers with Barn Door.
The red paper uses Barn Door and Spiced Marmalade with the same grasses stamped with Barn Door. I used a linen card for these papers for extra textured effect.
I stuck the papers to an easel style card blank I made (using corded card which makes the folding really easy) and then added strips of deep green card and some olive green floral strips made with a Martha Stewart double edge punch.
I stamped my sentiment (from Paper Artsy Hot Pick Extra 04 - Sentiments) on white card and cut it out with a Go Kreate die. I stamped on the grasses using Whispers Mossy Stone ink for some texture.
I added 2 mats, one linen card inked with Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door and Fired Brick Distress inks and one olive green card.
Finally, I made my 3D poppy using one of the Nestabilities Blossom dies to cut out several layers of red crepe paper. I fastened the layers together with a tiny brad and scrunched them up, pulling the layers into a frilly poppy shape. The centre is made from a circle of card with black pearls glued to it.

We have a great sponsor for the challenge in Kreativ Hobby. Here's a little about the company:

We are a Norwegian rubber stamp producer – with more than 1000 different designs. In our webshop you will find all our rubber stamps under the category "STEMPLER". All prices are in Norwegian Kroner. We ship worldwide and all information regarding international shipping is on our website

The prize is 4 unmounted stamped to the value of $35 or NOK200
You have until 31 May to enter and good luck!

My card is for the following challenges:
Everybody Art Challenge - Flowers
Oldie But A Goodie - Say It With Flowers
Simon Says Stamp And Show - Anything Goes
The Stampman - Poppies
Sentimental Sundays - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking.
Fliss xx

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Another beautiful card, Fliss; full of sunshine and happiness, lovely! Valerie

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Fliss - You know I adore the vibrancy of your beautiful card....GORGEOUS! Suzanne B

Esther said...

Hi Fliss - Thanks for your visit, I've had that post written since Monday and been itching to publish! I love the bright sunshine of your card...Esther xx

Netty said...

Beautiful card Fliss and loving your fab poppy. Annette x

Dan said...

So pretty, and I love the rich colours! The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Carrie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous colour scheme! Thank you so much for leaving such a lovely comment on my blog, I really appreciate it.
Hugs
Carrie
xxx

cheryl said...

oh fliss hun just love this,its one amazing card love that poppie hugs cheryl xxxx

Esther said...

Hi Fliss - just saw your comment on The Stamp Man challenge and had to check the linky as I had a Poppy entry still too - it is now saying it's still open - maybe another blogger gremlin! Esther xx

Francesca said...

What a beautiful card

Thanks for joining us at OLDIE BUT A GOODIE this time and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Fliss
Another great card and gorgeous colours.
Thanks for joining us with the Poppy challenge at The Stamp Man.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What can I say, Fliss, wooow, your card is beautiful! The poppy looks stunning and I must try that background technique, it looks amazing! hugs, Joanna x

papertrails leaver said...

Such a beautiful Crd! Love that blossom. thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for our anything goes challenge. :-) Amy

Kim Costello said...

Fabulous card Fliss I love the colours!!!
It's great for the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge!
The design team and I are really pleased you joined us!
Thank you
HuGs Kim :)

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous card love your colour scheme. XOXO Zoe

Unknown said...

Really beautiful x Thanks for playing along with my Poppy challenge at The Stamp Man x Janet