Friday 6 May 2011

One For The Birds

I'm back from the hairdressers and my hair is somewhat shorter but as it grows as if it had fertiliser put on it, I'm sure it it won't be long before I recognise myself again!
I have a little piece of artwork to show you that you might have seen on Create and Craft on Monday if you caught the 3pm show that Nikky did. I actually managed to get some free time to watch and was glad I did as it gave me quite a buzz to see this.



I made this little bird house with Easter in mind as I put some little eggs inside. I used the bird house pattern from the Polka Doodles Candy Doodles CD and printed this out on the back of some of the gorgeous textured kraft papers from the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD.
I made the house up from the easy to follow instructions and added a border round the bottom using one of the border strips punched with the Martha Stewart Hydrangea border punch. I added a bid and some butterflies to embellish the little house and finished off with a garden twine hanger and one of the pretty Winnie labels.
I added the eggs inside tied up in yellow cellophane.

My bird house is for the following challenges:
Charisma Cardz Challenges - No Cards Allowed
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
The Stamping Boutique - Winged Things

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful! Any bird would be happy to move in there! Hugs, Valerie

Vicki said...

This is just so cute Fliss, loving those papers too!

Vicki x

Netty said...

Such a cute birdhouse Fliss, as Valerie said any bird would be happy to move in. Have a great weekend, Annette x

Angie said...

Oh my what a fabulous creation you are clever and the papers are perfect thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
Angie x

Irene said...

Gorgeous birdhouse Fliss, love those textured papers. x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Fliss, such a cute creation and what a lovely sample to have.
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Tamara Morton said...

Such a wonderful and gorgeous project, Thank you for joining us at Craft your passion
Hugs
Tamara

Miranda said...

OMG Fliss your birdhouse is awesome, and so is the tag, absolutely fantastic

thanks for playing along with the stamping boutique challenge this week

hugs
Miranda

Sally said...

What a great project, it is fantastic, must have taken you ages. Thanks for joining us at Charisma.
Sally.x