Friday 15 July 2011

Polka Doodles Challenge - Long Hot Summer

Happy Friday everyone and this week's challenge at Polka Doodles is about something we all wish for but rarely see in the UK - a Long Hot Summer!!!
This challenge has been chosen by fellow DT member Lis  and she would like to see projects with anything that summer means to you.
I'm lucky enough to live just one road back from the sea on the South Coast so summer to me is all about the beach with ice creams and deck chair stripes plus the row of beach huts we have here. My card is another attempt at pointillism (see my previous post for the first) and I have to say I was particularly pleased with my ice cream cone where I tried to make it look like my favourite type of cone - those crispy, biscuity waffle ones.


All elements on my card are from the Sundae Of Seasons CD and I chose the bright stripy paper as it made me think of deck chairs. I used the black and white stampies of the beach huts and the ice cream cone and milkshake etc.
I coloured the images using the pointillism technique (for those of you who didn't see my last post, Kim Dellow did an article on this in the August Craft Stamper and the detail really appealed to me) and a large variety of toning Promarkers. The aim is to use 2 or 3 toning shades to make depth of colour and if you look at my ice cream cone, I think you might see why I'm so pleased with this one.
You may also notice the fruit in my photo which didn't last very long after I took it because it looked so yummy that I ate it!

You have until 12 noon on Sunday 24 July to enter and good luck.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
CCEE Stampers - Ice Cream Image or Sentiment
Crafty Purple Frog - Summer Fun
Stamp Insanity - Summer Colours
Crafts and Me - Summertime

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

11 comments:

Fiona said...

Another brilliant example of Pointillism Fliss. We just need some sun to go with the beach huts now!

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, and colours. How nice to be near the beach, it's three hours drive to get to the next beach here - in Holland - and that's too far for a day trip! It's freezing here anyway, what a summer! Have a nice weekend, Hugs, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Fab card Fliss - love the theme, if only the sun would stay out long enough to say we have a summer eh?
Have a great weekend.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Irene said...

Another brilliant card Fliss, that ice cream looks good enough to eat, I love it.
Hugs
Irene x

cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant love the image,and the detail and colors are just gorgeous hugs cheryl x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Beautiful Fliss , gorgeous colours and fab theme, I could do with that ice-cream it's scorching here !!

Marie

Netty said...

Terrific card and a fab design Fliss. Have a great weekend, Annette x

lis-m said...

hi Fliss... Great take on the challenge this week.. that card is just the essence of summer ..love it !!
Hugs xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty and well planned out. Yummy ice-cream. Thanks, for joining us in the CCEE stampers challenge.

Mina said...

wow what a gorgeous card Fliss, the colours are stunning...thanks for joining in with our Crafts and Me challenge
Mina xxx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Wonderful work Fliss, and your pointillism looks great! Thanks very much for playing along with our Summer Colours challenge at StampInsanity this week :D