Sunday 2 October 2011

A Wish From The Heart

Hope everyone's been having a good weekend in all the lovely sunshine we have at the moment. I've just returned from visiting my parents in law and have a quick post to share a card I made at the last minute for the UK Stampers Stash Buster challenge to use glitter on your creation which ends at 12 midnight today.


The main part here is the blingy button heart which I made a while back for a project and it didn't fit so it's been sitting in my bits box since then and I decided to use it for the challenge. I had applied Diamond Glaze all over the painted heart to stick the buttons, pearls and jewels on and sprinkled pink glitter on to cover the remaining glue.
As it's quite busy, I made a simple card covered with paper embossed with a Tim Holtz Texture Fade folder and inked this with Spun Sugar and Milled Lavender Distress inks. I swiped Cotton Candy glitter glue over the top. The plain side was trimmed with the Martha Stewart arch lattice border punch and then swiped with VersaMark ink and embossed with clear powder with glitter added.
I finished off with text and a heart from a Tim Holtz sentiment. I cut these out as the whole thing was a little too large for the card.

I'd like to welcome Gail to my blog as my 200th follower and will soon be having a giveaway to celebrate as I was so excited to see I'd reached my second century today.
Thanks so much to everyone who follows and those that leave me such lovely comments.
Fliss xx

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card Fliss, love the buttons and bling and glitter! Hugs, Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

Love the button heart Fliss - great card.
Hope you enjoyed your day out.
luv and hugs {brenda} xox

Chris Arlington said...

Fliss, you always put that uniqueness to your artwork. Just adore this!
Chris xo

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, love how you made the heart out of buttons. Yvonne x

Jacqueline said...

Congratulations on reaching your double century Fliss - fab card too - Jacqueline xx

Lucy Edmondson said...

This heart is terrific! Must try that,

Lucy x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Ooh love this - will have to try this one!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful card, your button heart looks fabulous.

Dolly Daydreams said...

So thats where all my buttons went ! Great card love the embossing and the super use of all my buttons lol
Marie