Monday 28 November 2011

Christmas Box

Good morning everyone, that day is here again so we have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday. We're still with the Christmas theme and this week would like you to
Make Or Alter A Box
Thanks to all who entered last week's challenge which proved really popular and made it so hard to do the top picks as there were so many gorgeous creations.
I'd also like to give a very warm welcome and congratulations to our 2 new Design Team members, Mynnette and Val who will be showing us their gorgeous creations from next week.
For this week's inspiration I decided to alter a box as I wanted something a little more permanent. I found a lovely heart shaped wooden box in The Range and this is what the finished box looks like:





I painted my box by sponging on layers of antique white and antique gold acrylic paints, sanding down a little after each coat.
I then stamped on the largest flourish from the Viva Decor My Paper World clear stamp set with Palette Cognac ink.
I made the Christmas rose decoration with tissue paper die cut with the Nestabilities blossom set and embossed with the Cuttlebug textile folder. I then stacked these up and added a paper rose in the centre. I scrunched up the petals to make the rose shape and glittered the edges with Frosted Lace Stickles.
I then punched out some small leaf sprigs and die cut some larger leaves with the Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die set using dark green card and embossed them with the textile folder. I glued the embellishments to the top of the box.

Challenges for my altered box:
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything But A Card
Fussy and Fancy - Make A Gift/Anything But A Card
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes

Thanks for looking and have a great week.
Fliss xx

21 comments:

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Fliss. I hope you are feeling better ..I thought you had been quiet lol :). Your box is a dream - you must be pleased with it! Suz xx

Irene said...

Gorgeous box Fliss, and that is one awesome flower.
Irene xx

Jacqueline said...

Oh Fliss this is so pretty, hope you are feeling better now - Jacqueline xx

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous box with those festive flourishes and that gorgeous flower! Sorry to hear you've not been well and I hope you have a better week this week. Vx

cheryl said...

oh that is one amazing box hun and that flower is just stunning,hugs cherylxxxxxxx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

It looks gorgeous, Fliss!

greetings, Alie :-)

Aquarius said...

Gorgeous box - well altered I'd say.

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous box, it would make a great keepsake container.
Yvoone x

Valerie-Jael said...

Your box is really loveyl, Fliss! Valerie

Cassie said...

Hey Fliss! What a lovely flower box. Thanks so much for playing along in CIC #40 :D

Céline said...

gorgeous box, love the flower
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy this week
hugs
céline dt member

Mynn xx said...

Fliss--stunning. That is the only word to describe your creation! Okay, maybe not the ONLY one--beautiful, fabulous, wonderful, amazing...I could go on! :)

tootsie said...

Oh wow! Your box looks amazing. You did an awesome job of altering it!

Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Crafting Journey!

Hugs,
Wendy

Dawnll said...

What a beautiful box, love the flower.
So glad you could share with us at
Creative Inspirations Paint

Val said...

This is beautiful - lovely colour combo, fab stamping and just one amazing flower.
Thanks so much for your warm welcome.
Hugs
Valxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, fantastic altered box, love the flower.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous altered box Fliss, that flower is so breathtakingly beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment, I so appreciate this. Take care, Ira

Vicky Hayes said...

This is really beautiful Fliss! I love the swirls on the box itself and the flower adds a special touch. Vx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Stunning box and the colour and design is fabulous. Wow what a flower it looks almost real just beautiful.

Marie

Suzi B said...

I love that big white flower.. lovely box
suzi b xx

Canonbury creations said...

Love your box Fliss, the shape and stamping are gorgeous and the Christmas rose is beautiful! Many thanks for all your kind comments and for the welcome to the GDT spot:)
Val x