Sunday 3 June 2012

Mystical and Very Magical

Good morning folks, don't know about you but we had tons of rain last night being torrential at times and my hubby said we had 10mm which is more than we usually get in over a week! Just as well I'm crafting today as I think staying in is the only option.
We have a new challenge for you today over at Fashionable Stamping Challenges and the theme for this fortnight is Mystical and Very Magical.
This gave me the chance to use the sweet little fairy stamp given to me a while back by a friend after I admired it and she insisted I have it as she didn't use it enough - thanks Gina as I love it!
As you'll see my card is very girly this time:




I stamped the little fairy on thick cartridge paper with Archival Coffee ink and then coloured her with various Aquamarkers - I can't get enough of these at the moment as you've probably noticed! I then added glamour dust to her wings for some sparkle and you may need to click on the main pic to see this as it doesn't show up very well. I then die cut the image into a circle and inked the edges with olive ink.
I made a mat for the circle by cutting out a larger circle of white card, inking the edge with Crushed Olive Distress ink and then gluing on some pressed daisies which have been in my stash for rather a long time!
I made a background paper by inking a small rose stamp from a Clearly Inspired set called Stencil Flowers that I've had for around 4 years with pink and green inks and stamping all over cream card. I then added a little Tattered Rose Distress ink and sprayed with Emperor Gold and Vintage Pink Glimmer Mists. I tore the edges into a square to fit my card.
I rounded the corners of the card blank then inked all around the edges with Victorian Velvet Distress ink in a wide border.
I then glued lace all around the edges of my background paper and added the elements to the card as you see, finishing off with a Hobby Art butterfly stamped with the coffee ink, coloured with Aquamarkers and cut out.

The Fashionettes have made a widely varying array of inspiration for you to feast your eyes on and as always our lovely sponsor Marina of Cottage Crafts has a great prize for the winner so hope to see you there!

Challenges for my card:
Crazy 4 Challenges - Add Some Butterflies To Your Creation
Divas By Design - Anything Goes
The Paper Shelter - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Shopping Our Stash - May Flowers
Top Tip Tuesday - Dig Out The Old And Name It (the daisies, the fairy stamp, the rose stamp)
Crafty Cardmakers - Distress It
Ooh La La Creations - Make It Girly

Have a great Sunday.
Fliss xx

21 comments:

JayBe said...

Gorgeous! I love your fairy image and the little daisy border is a fab idea. Enjoy your weekend, hun. Hugz, Jan xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It's really a lovely creation, such a beautiful image.

Mrs.B said...

This is sooo pretty, and adorable image. Love the background you have made, perfect for this little fairy.
Have a great weekend.
Avril xx

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Fliss...well there I was wondering how you got the daisies to look so real....and they were real!!! So funny! This is such a beautiful girly card, and you have set off the image perfectly. I love how the pink tones carry through from the main image right through to the backing.
Dot x

Netty said...

Beautiful card Fliss. Hope you are keeping well. Annette x

Jenny Marples said...

Such a beautiful image Fliss. The next FSC challenge is going to require some planning - totally different from everything else that's going on a the mo. Hugs, Buttons x

Leslie Hanna said...

Your background paper is stunning! I thought it was patterned paper! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Valerie-Jael said...

Great card! It's pouring here, too, and very chilly again! Valerie

Brenda Brown said...

This is so pretty Fliss and such a lovely design. The layers add real dimension, the blue butterfly balances the fairy wings so well and the daisies are fabulous.
Happy Jubilee weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Fliss, the image is lovely and the daisies around the edge set her off a treat ! Sue C x

Ephemera said...

Hi Fliss, absolutely beautiful. She is such a gorgeous stamp and has been beautifully coloured with your aquamarkers. Love those daisies too. Have a great evening. xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Beautiful Fliss, truly magical card! Love the papers and the image is so sweet! xx

Terry said...

So sweet, Fliss! Love this little fairy and the flower frame really is so lovely! Have a wonderful evening!

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Fliss! This is BEAUTIFUL. LOVE your daisy frame, and you image is super cute! Your coloring is amazing and I LOVE the use of the lace! Thanks for joining us at CCM! :)

Bettina L. said...

This is really beautiful. Love the spring colours ad how you've added those flowers around the image ad the detail with that butterfly and lace. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Fliss, love the colours and the image.

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.

luv

Debby

Unknown said...

Oh so pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week

Doreen said...

Oh Fliss - it's so beautiful. The image is amazing
Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week
Hugs
Doreen xx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card, so sweet....Thanks for joining us at Divas this week.
Wendy xx

Feebsy said...

Such a pretty card! The image is lovely and I adore the daisy chain frame and the shabby chic look you've created.

Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Daniele said...

such a wonderful card Fliss, I love the daisies so pretty. Thanks for joining us at OLL
hugs