Friday 30 November 2012

A Cold And Frosty Morning

Good morning folks, can't believe it's Friday again already and time for a new challenge over at Polka Doodles, not to mention it's the first of December tomorrow! I'm hoping you're a bit more ready for Christmas than me as I still have loads to do!
It's also very cold and frosty today which is the reason for my title. Minus temperatures for the first time this winter and the sun is shining making the thick layer of frost all sparkly - lovely!
This week the challenge is a sketch which I've flipped so that my favourite snowman is facing the right way on my card. It's one of my specials and won't be going through the post as I think my faux snow would get crushed!



All the elements on my card including the cute snowman are from the Here Comes Christmas CD and I've gone for a non traditional blue and brown colour combination which I thought gave a more frosty look to my creation.
I covered my card blank with the blue paper which I distressed by rubbing the edges with an emery board to rough them up and the added Vintage Photo Distress ink. I did the same to the panel of snowy tree paper.
I made a faux icicle border which I hand cut from white card and then added glitter glue and faux snow made using a Deco Art snow writer.
I printed the snowman out and coloured him with Aquamarkers (my new obsession!) then die cut the image into an oval and inked the edges with the Vintage Photo. I added him to the card, sticking him so that some of the icicles over hung the panel.
I finished off with an inked sentiment ticket with a scrap of bakers twine tied at the ends.

Have a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Moving Along With The Times - Use 3 Elements Starting With The Same Letter (Bows, Blue, Brown)
Digi Makeover Challenge - Christmas
Love To Create - Non Traditional Holiday Colours

10 comments:

Caroline said...

Fliss this is beautiful I love the snowman and the layout is gorgeous. I love the icicles. Caroline xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card. It's cold and frosty and very misty here this morning! Hugs, Valerie

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely snowman, you've created a beautiful card.

Paper Profusion said...

He looks so chilly I could nearly give me a hug! Gorgeous card. Nicola x

Unknown said...

Very cute card and I love how you made the icicles on the top of your card! Thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge.
Z

Jenny Marples said...

Great choice of colours for this one Fliss. They make your snowman look spectacular (and far happier than me in the cold!!) Have a great weekend, hugs Buttons x

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous image and design Fliss, I was able to sunbathe yesterday as the sun was glorious here.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs Brenda xxx

Terry said...

Great take on the sketch challenge! Love that snowman and icycles! Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

Sue B said...

Aww this is really sweet! what a cute snowman… he's adorable! I love the gorgeous papers and layout and the icicle border is wonderful ! :-)
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week!
Hugs Sue xx

Crafty and Green said...

Thank you so much for having played with us last week at Love to Create for our Non-Traditional Holiday Challenge!! We really appreciate your support!! See you again soon!

Many Blessings,
Tina