Saturday 24 November 2012

Angels Among Us

Hello folks, hope you're all having a good weekend. A big welcome to my new followers and many thanks to everyone who kindly left me well wishes for my nasty cold bug thing which has still not gone after almost a week but I do feel a bit more human now lol.
Also, any of you that haven't yet seen the candy I have on offer until 10 December should check out the post at the top of my blog for all the details as you need to be a follower and join the linky list to be in with a chance of winning.
Now for my little bit of crafting that I managed to finish today which is another Christmas decoration, this time inspired by the current Crafty Individuals challenge, Festive Sparkle, with 25% off at the online shop for entrants, so how could I resist!
There are rather a lots of photos as the decoration is over 50cm in length and was very difficult to photograph to see all the detail.





 

The little vintage angel squares are from CI - 112 and I stamped them on white card with Archival coffee ink, coloured them with Promarkers and Luminance pencils and trimmed the squares down to left a 1cm border all round.
I made frames from light blue glitter card using Papermania square dies to fit the images and added these over the top to make the framed panels.
I then stamped CI - 237 all over a 21cm square of white card with Victorian Velvet Distress ink and die cut the scalloped squares from this with a Nestabilities set. I added the angel panels after arranging the scalloped squares as diamond shapes.
I threaded the panels on to silver sparkly ribbon, secured on the back with tape and forming a hanging loop at the top. I decorated the panels with silver bows and sparkly snowflake and star embellishments.

Hoping that you enjoy the rest of the weekend, despite the rather dreary weather.
Fliss xx

Some challenges for my decoration:
Crafty Individuals Challenge - Festive Sparkle
Sugar Creek Hollow - Vintage Christmas

17 comments:

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous Fliss love the design. Caroline xxx

Jean Hardy said...

Such a beautiful festive, sparkly hanging Fliss. Hope you will hang it somewhere perfect this Christmas! Thank you so much for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

Valerie-Jael said...

Really gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous hanging Fliss, love all the images. Thank you for sharing it with us at SCH as well.
Yvonne

brenda said...

Your wall hanging looks very delicate with the pretty edges and soft pink stamping in the background.

Hope you have a good weekend and the weather is not overly bad at your end.

B x

Jenny Marples said...

This is really lovely Fliss. Hugs, Buttons x

Payne Holler Cards said...

This is really beautiful! Love the sparkle and precious images, you have such a knack for vintage (-:
So glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow
Linda SCHDT

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This stunning Fliss, I absolutely love it. Hope you're not too flooded? The roads are still passable here, but I struggled getting to my grans tonight.

Enjoy the weekend

Claire x

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful idea Fliss and hanging amongst other Christmas decorations.
Also beautiful use of the CI stamps.
Thank you for joining in with this challenge at CI
Wishes
Lynne

Paper Profusion said...

Beautiful creation Fliss. Nicola x

Ephemera said...

Hi Fliss, how beautiful is this, loving your choice of colours so pretty and sparkly. XX

Brenda Brown said...

What a beautiful sparkly decoration Fliss, I love the shapes you have used. I am sure you will have it in a very prominent position over Christmas.
Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Individuals.
I am away on a winter break, never done it before, but enjoying some sunshine. Thanks for all your lovely visits and comments.
Take care.
Hugs Brenda xox

Claire said...

Wow Fliss, what a stunning project. I love the stamps you've used and all the sparkle looks fab. That would brighten up any home at Christmas. Glad you're feeling better after that nasty cold
Claire xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous vintage style decoration with beautiful details, Fliss. What a stunning piece of work! Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week – hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs,
Amelia (DT Sugar Creek Hollow)

Patti P. said...

Stunning Fliss! I would leave this out all winter! The soft pastels just scream wintery sparkle and snowflakes to me and those angels are beautiful.Looks as if your shopping was a huge success.
Thanks for sharing with us at Sugar Creek Hollow this week and thanks for stopping by to visit me.

Patti SCH/DT

Silvia(Barnie) said...

This hanging looks wonderful, it's a great idea.

Julia S-W said...

Thought I'd better come and see your creation with 'our' stamps!! It's beautiful Fliss! I'm sorry I seem to miss this. We had similar ideas with painting the girls and adding sparkle to their wings - great minds think alike is all I can say! I should have made something more than a tag but I seem to get stuck on them! Gorgeous hanging which I hope you use at Christmas.
Juliaxx