Monday 12 November 2012

Autumn All Stitched Up

Good morning everyone, hoping that you all had a good weekend and a big hello to my new followers - lovely to have you here and hope to get to know you soon.
Being Monday, it's that time again - we have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday. Carrying on with the monthly theme of Autumn, this week's theme is Stitching - Real or Faux.

I decided to go with the faux (no pun intended - honest!) as my machine stitching on paper is still a bit iffy.

The background paper here was the result of an experiment (which didn't quite work I might add lol) using Sir Tim's Marbled Stains technique from Compendium of Curiosities 2 but the card I used was a bit too matte in texture so the stains didn't marble as expected, but sort of splodge!!! I did quite like the result though as it ended up very grungy and you know how much I like that! I used Shabby Shutters, Crushed Olive and the Antiqued Bronze Metallic Stain which is really yummy.
I stamped on a berry twig design from the Kaisercraft Twig and Berry Flourish clear stamp set (ordered one day delivered the next By Bunny Zoe!) using VersaMagic Pumpkin Spice chalk ink - how appropriate is that?!
I printed out the gorgeous pumpkin digital stamp from the Autumn collection on the Polka Doodles Sundae of Seasons CD and coloured this with a mix of Aquamarkers and Luminance pencils. I then inked the panel with Scattered Straw, Crushed Olive and Wild Honey Distress inks.
I made a panel of kraft card as a mat and embossed this with a Darice flourish frame folder before adding the pumpkin panel.
I originally planned on making a square card but couldn't bear to cover up too much of the background paper so I made use of an A5 kraft card blank I had with a damaged front step - I chopped this off to use elsewhere and was left with a tent shape card.
I cut the backing paper in half and added faux stitching with the aid of the fab Tim Holtz idea-ology ruler and a brown fineliner. I then added the pumpkin panel over the central gap.
The finishing touch is a Hobby Art sentiment stamped with coffee Archival ink and inked with Topaz and Bisque VersaColor inks.

Hoping you have a good week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Dream Valley Challenges - Anything Goes
Pile It On Challenge - Let's Be Thankful
Sentimental Sundays - Thanks or Thanksgiving
My Sheri Crafts Challenge - Give Thanks
Aud Sentiments - Thanks!
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - My Favourite Things (Making my own background, texture, faux stitching)
Pixie Dust Studio - Fabulous Fall Colours

20 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Hi Fliss - great background paper and a lovely Autumnal image - Jacqueline xx

brenda said...

That background may not have worked as you planned Fliss, but I really like it, autumnal colours always make me happy.

B x

Caroline said...

I really love the background the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful! Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

Hi Fliss, I think the background turned out just great, so rich with the stamped leaves.
Avril xx

Marge said...

Your autumnal BG is FABULOUS, all your colors are exquisite and I LOVE that pumpkin image with it's gorgeous vine! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A beautiful card, love this color combination.

Mynn xx said...

What an amazing background you created!!! LOVE the image as well! A fabulous autumnal card! :)

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Dutch Dare this week
Love Jan
xx

junemac2 said...

Ooooh I love the way the background turned out Fliss, so perfectly autumnal too. Gorgeous effect. Love the card its so pretty.
Also I just wanted to say thanks so much for your lovely comment, i am so glad i have you on my friends again. Have missed everyone and although its hard getting round commenting, i feel right at home again.
Sending hugs
June xxxxx

Chantal said...

You've created a great background! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenges this week!
Chantal

Raquel said...

Gorgeous job with this card... the stitching looks real!

Thanks for sharing this at My Sheri Crafts

Ruthie said...

such a pretty card, beautiful colours. works brilliantly for a thank you card.

thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

Rx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Fliss the colours and great design are just wonderful. Even if it didn't go to plan it's really fab !

Marie

Karon said...

Beautiful autumnal card - TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Sandy Palmer said...

Wonderful job on the background! Lovely image! Love the embossing too! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Archana Joshi said...

Very pretty. Nicely coloured the pumpkin. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Archana

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the way your background turned out Fliss and your stitching looks perfect! Love the way your pumpkin is glowing too - perhaps it's just about to turn into Cinders' coach! Enjoy your weekend, Vicky x

TC said...

Stitching looks very real for faux! Well done.

Thanks for joining us at Aud sentiments this fortnight.
Hugs TC x

TC said...

Stitching looks very real for faux! Well done.

Thanks for joining us at Aud sentiments this fortnight.
Hugs TC x