Monday 19 November 2012

Autumn Floral

Good morning folks, hope you all had a lovely weekend with some sunshine as we did here on the South coast.
Monday is here again and it's time for a new challenge at Make My Monday where we're continuing with our Autumn November theme and this week the supplies extra to include is Vellum.
This is something I don't think gets used enough and that's true of me too so I had a rummage through my stash and found some vellum in a soft shade of green. I then had to decide what to do with it and being me, you've guessed it I'm sure - I stamped on it!
Here's my card:


I stamped on the vellum with the Kaisercraft berries and twigs flourish stamp which seems to be a favourite at the moment (I haven't yet put it away!) using Palette raw sienna ink which is permanent like StazOn as you need it to be permanent so it will dry. In this case it took a while to dry completely but ended up with a lovely soft look. I wrapped this round some card cut a little smaller than my card blank and secured it at the back. I added a panel of kraft card embossed with the Darice long flowers border and made 2 corners from the leftover piece.
I stamped the gorgeous chrysanthemums (my fave Autumn flower) by Circa Design with VersaFine Olympia green ink and coloured the image with Prisma pencils. I die cut it into an oval and gently inked the edges with soft green.
I wrapped a lace border round the vellum and embossed kraft panel and added this to the card and then added the image panel with foam tape. I added some pearls to the lace.
I finished off with a lovely sentiment from Mynnette of On A Stampage which I re-sized slightly and die cut into a circle, adding it to a scalloped kraft card mat.

Hope you like this and we'd love to see some more entries as we have a fab prize this month of a £10 Joanna Sheen voucher from our kind sponsor, Vee Cassidy.

Have a good week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
The Squirrel and The Fox - Anything Goes
ATCs and Cards With Attitude - Anything Autumn/Winter Goes

17 comments:

Caroline said...

Fliss this is beautiful I love the flower and the layout is fabulous. Love the embossing on kraft. Caroline xxx

Karon said...

Beautiful Fliss - I think we don't use vellum enough, I find its because we have to find ways to secure it that the glue doesn't show through. Love this card. TFS and have a great week.

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Jacqueline said...

Stunning image Fliss and you vellum is gorgeous - Jacqueline xx

Suzi B said...

Fabulous chrysanthemums Fliss, my Mum loved them. The vellum background is a great idea. I never think of using vellum as a background... thank you for the inspiration
Suzi B xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a wonderful card, great colors.

Cazro said...

A gorgeous card, I too love strong coloured crysanths, your vellum adds a soft touch. Love it. Caz

Jenny Marples said...

The softness of that beautiful vellum background and the kraft card has done wonders for your lovely chrysanths Fliss. Great card, hugs Buttons x

Brenda Brown said...

A great use for vellum, I use it so rarely, but should try to include it more often.
Have a great week Fliss.
hugs {brenda} xox

Mynn xx said...

It's amazing, Fliss! You've really done the sentiment justice--it looks wonderful next to your beautiful blooms and on top of your amazing vellum!!! :)

Lynne Armstrong said...

Lovely card Fliss. Thanks for joining our challenge at The Squirrel & The Fox

brenda said...

I'm but same with vellum Fliss, should use it more often as a gives such lovely effects as your really pretty card proves.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Just gorgeous! Hugs, Valerie

Karen said...

So so so beautiful hun!

Thank you so much for joining us at The Squirrel & The Fox for our Anything Goes challenge.

Hugs & HaPPy Crafting!
Karen - DT.xx

http://kraftykarens.blogspot.com/

Mrs.B said...

Hi Fliss, love the way you have used the vellum, colours look so soft. Great card.
Avril x

Chrissy said...

So pretty Fliss, love the image and colouring, and such pretty lace..
Thanks for joining in with us at ATC’S and cards with Attitude..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Zue said...

this is lovely and gives warmth to what can be a very cheerless season...I seem to lean more towards autumnal themes than to christmas ones
have fun, Fliss:)
xxx

Dwita said...

Simply beautiful, Felicity. Thanks for playing with us at ATC With Attitude. See you again next time.

Dwita.