Monday 5 November 2012

Seeds of Happiness

Good morning all, it's the start of another week and hoping you all had a lovely weekend.
It's also the start of a new theme for the month over at Make My Monday and November sees the choice of former DT member Suzanne who's happily joining us as a guest designer this month along with the lovely Avril B. Our theme this month is Autumn with the twist of Use Your Supplies and this week the theme is
Kraft and Twine/String


I've gone for warm Autumn shades for my card (necessary as it's fr-eeeeezing at the moment - brrrrr!). I inked the textured card using my Vintage Inked Background Technique with Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress inks and then stamped on various leaves (all Rubber Stampede) with Spiced Marmalade, Crushed Olive and Vintage photo inks.
I embossed a panel of kraft card with the Darice fall leaves folder and trimmed round the edges of the leaves on 2 sides. I swiped brown ink on the raised areas.
I stamped further leaves using various Distress inks, heat embossing some with clear powder and cutting them all out. I also stamped the uplifting sentiment from Paper Artsy Hot Pick HPXT04 with Memories creamy coffee chalk ink and trimmed this to a panel.
I assembled the card tent style with some twine tied into a bow on one side and a scrap of corrugated card painted rusty brown from my bits box.

The Design Team have made some gorgeous and very varied creations to inspire you and this month we have a fab prize donated by Vee Cassidy of a £10 Joanna Sheen voucher so if you haven't yet entered any of our challenges, now would be a great time to start!

Have a great week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
 Craft Punked - Fall/Thanksgiving
Wags 'n' Whiskers - Fall Colours
Pixie Dust Studio - Leaves
Crafting For All Seasons - Falling Leaves
Stampavie and More - Autumn

17 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Fliss...this is awesome! I love all the techniques and style that went into this. It looks great
Dot x

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card Fliss - it's freezing here too as I think we have skipped Autumn and just gone straight to Winter! - Jacqueline xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

It's a wonderful card, love the saying.

cotnob said...

This is a gorgeous card Fliss, I love your background and layered leaves.
Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
Pauline
x

Unknown said...

Such a perfect Autumn card this is Fliss, it has the right, warm, rich colours and your leaves look so real! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Brenda Brown said...

Perfect colours to try and warm autumn up, but not sure you are gonna manage that now. Love the textures and the veins on the leaves.
hugs {brenda} xox

Sally H said...

Wow, Fliss! That is stunning!LOVE that embossing folder - it is going on my wish list!

Words and Pictures said...

Such a lovely card - the colours are wonderful, and that embossed panel gives such texture! So glad to hear you've dived into the sonnets - so many amazing words and phrases and thoughts to be discovered... thank you so much for your lovely comment over at Words and Pictures - much appreciated.
Alison x

Mynn xx said...

I absolutely LOVE the fussy cut panel on top of the bold colored panel! This is just amazing--those leaves to the side are gorgeous! :)

Mrs.B said...

Hi Fliss, This is a beautiful card, love your background, such warm tones, Beautiful embossed panel, and a lovely sentiment.

Avril xx

Daniele said...

anothe gorgeous card Fliss, perfect for Autumn and you have captured the leaf colours perfectly
hugs

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Hi Fliss ...am loving the bundle of leaves.. Stunning. Thanks for having me over at MMM. Suz xx

Sharon said...

Beautiful colours Fliss lovely Autumnal card.x

Unknown said...

Hello Fliss what a stunning creation well done .
Thank you for joining us this time for our Falling Leaves Challenge at Crafting for all Seasons .
Good Luck Hugs Elaine

Julia S-W said...

A beautiful card Fliss in wonderful colours. I love the embossing, it gives gorgeous texture. Sorry I haven't been around and also that I missed your birthday. A very happy belated birthday!I'm back in the land of the living and will visit more often!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Juliaxx

Anne H. said...

Your card is wonderful!
So beautiful colors and lovely details!
Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and More.
Anne

Karon said...

Gorgeous card and I love that sentiment.

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/