Friday 24 May 2013

To Die For

Hello again, my second post of the day is to tell you about the new challenge today over at Polka Doodles and this week the theme is To Die For so you need to use die cut shapes on your creation. I managed quite a few on mine and I hope you like it as this time it's rather girly (I love the images on the new Fredericka CD and Nikky has a new one in the making which we're all really excited about - I wish I could tell you but have to keep my mouth firmly zipped!)
Here's my card which I hope you like:


I really love colouring up the images on the gorgeous Fredericka mini CD and have made a patchwork style card as I love faux stitching.
I printed out the cute image on to thick cartridge paper and coloured her with Aquamarkers. I die cut the image to an oval panel and made faux stitching around the edge with a paper piercer and a brown fine pen.
I cut up some squares of decorated paper scraps and added faux stitching round the edges using a paper piercer and the fabulous Tim Holtz ruler (if you haven't tried this I highly recommend it as it makes adding faux stitching so easy).
I assembled the elements on a scalloped card blank embellishing with a die cut doily and flower (Marianne Design) and butterfly (Cheery Lynn) and finished off with a ticket sentiment from the CD.

Hoping that you have a really lovely weekend - especially in the UK with the Bank Holiday on Monday.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Dutch Dare Card Challenges - Flutterby Butterfly
Addicted To Stamps And More - Anything Goes
Ruby's Rainbow - Squares
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes

8 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Such a pretty patchwork of papers, and a lovely, delicate colour palette!
Alison x

brenda said...

She looks like a girl with attitude Fliss, love her. And fabulous patchwork background as well.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card and colours! Valerie

Kylie said...

Great patchwork design. Great image and I love the butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

Ang C said...

A beautiful card

Thankyou for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our "Squares" challenge

Hope to see you again soon

Ang x

Basslady said...

a gorgeous and fantastic card!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

lalkygirl said...

Fab card ,love the sweet image and gorgeous patchwork background
Thanks for joining us at I love promarkers and good luck
Tracey x

Chantal said...

Lovely: you've used the butterflies on your DP and as an embellishment! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Dutch Dare Card Challenges!
Chantal