Monday 9 September 2013

Whispering Grass

Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was rather busy as I went to an open house rather posh do on Saturday with my hubby which was held by one of his clients for whom he's dealt with the renovation of a manor house. There have been huge problems and it's taken ages but the end result is really stunning and I was in raptures over some of the plaster mouldings which were amazing circular flourishes.
Yesterday we celebrated with my mother in law as it was her birthday so we had a family afternoon with tea and cake.
Today we have a new challenge for you over at Make My Monday and this week the theme has been chosen by Rosie who has challenged us to:
Create A Scene
It will be no surprise to hear that I've gone for a nature themed card again as I wanted to ink up my Inkylicious grasses stamp. I hope you like it.


As you can see it's quite a simple design and the grasses panel was made with a scrap of watercolour paper which was the exact size for the kraft card blank.
I sponged the paper with Crushed Olive Distress ink on the bottom half and Milled Lavender on the top.
I stamped the grasses on with VersaFine Spanish Moss ink and Seedless Preserves Distress ink,  Some of the stamping was second generation as I was aiming for a misty look in the background. I also added some stamping with the stamp upside down to add a bit more detail at the base.
The butterflies are from the ever useful Crafty Individuals Elements set CI-231 and were stamped with Memento Sweet Plum, VersaFine Spanish Moss and Olympia Green. I then coloured them with Aquamarkers, cut them out and added them with foam pads.

Have a great day.
Hugs, Fliss xx

8 comments:

Deborah said...

Love the purple grasses on the top layer, love the whole card!

JayBe said...

A gorgeous scene, Fliss - it reminds me of the meadow where we walk our doggies :)
Hugz, Jan xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, the meadows here look like this just now! Hugs, Valerie

Paper Profusion said...

This is gorgeous Fliss! Your weekend sounded lovely - I love period houses too. Nicola x

Words and Pictures said...

It's a really lovely card, Fliss... the layered colours of stamping give it such depth. I've just got this stamp myself, and have just used it for the first time in the ICAD swap that's going on at the moment...
Alison x

Rossella said...

Beautiful scene, Fliss
Rosie x

Jacqueline said...

A beautiful scene Fliss - pretty butterflies too - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

This is absolute gorgeous and so delicate.
Wishes
Lynne