Monday 11 November 2013

Christmas Gift Bag

Good morning everyone, I hope you had a lovely weekend despite the somewhat chilly weather which I have to say was perfect for staying in the warm and doing a bit of crafting.
Here's one of my makes which is for the new challenge we have for you today over at Make My Monday and your hostess this week is Laura who would like to see:

Anything But A Card - Christmas Style


I decided to make a start on my gift bags as it's lovely to be able to personalise your packaging especially when you can pick up packs of kraft bags in different sizes incredibly cheaply - I got a pack of 5 for just £1 - amazing!
I added a panel to the front of the bag of text paper from the Polka Doodles Here Comes Christmas CD to which I added faux stitching made with the Tim Holtz ruler and a brown fine pen.
I made the snowflakes with a Sizzix die, cutting them from a piece of pink and blue flourish paper from my bits box. I covered them with Versamark ink and heat embossed them with Crystal powder for some sparkle.
I made a matching tag by covering a circle with the pink text paper and adding the remaining snowflake. I punched a hole at the top and tied some lace through to add a feminine touch.

Have a great day and a lovely week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

I'd like to enter my gift set in the following challenges:

2 Sisters Challenge - Christmas Sparkle
Crafty Calendar November Challenge - All Things Christmas
Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything But A Card

7 comments:

Kim Dellow said...

Ooo Fliss, lovely! Kim

Netty said...

Lovely packaging Fliss, Annette x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work! Hugs, Valerie

Deborah said...

That's lovely, Fliss!

Anonymous said...

I need to come shopping with you as this is a sweet size of bag, not a size I've managed to come across.
Beautiful gift bag with tag, really beautiful.
Wishes
Lynne

Fiona said...

Bargain bags with style. Brilliant your makeover Fliss, love the faux stitching and lace on the tag.

Amanda said...

What a lovely Xmas combination. Thanks for joining us this week at C4E
Love
Amanda