Monday 18 November 2013

Santa Galore!

Morning all and hope you all had a good weekend in the rather chilly weather - Winter seems to be firmly setting in now so what better excuse to stay in the warm and do some crafting!
We have a new challenge over at Make My Monday today which has a theme chosen by our former team member Caz and having realised we'd all be madly trying to get those Christmas cards done now she picked:
Santa - The Big Guy

I had to go digital for my inspiration as I've got blocked sinuses at the moment and due to running eyes over part of the weekend couldn't wear my contact lenses so any colouring would look decidedly squiffy!


I've used some of the gorgeous Santa toppers from the Magical Winter CD by Polka Doodles which I combined with plaid paper and sentiments from the newest A Home For Christmas CD.
The hessian look paper I created myself using Photoshop Elements after scanning some fabric. It was very easy to do as I was able to adjust the colour slightly and create an A4 sheet to print out. I've added a Freebie page to the blog in case anyone would like it.
I also created the silvery matting layer on the second card with a cheat method which saves using up loads of precious glitter card. All you do is cut a piece of card wider than the card you need a mat for then rub silver pigment ink along the long edges (I used silver Encore Ultimate Metallic) and then heat emboss it with crystal embossing powder. This gives a subtle sparkle which is very elegant.
Lots of inking of edges before assembling and colouring of the sentiment panels with Promarkers - about the most I could manage!

Have a great day and a good week.
Hugs,
Fliss xx

5 comments:

brenda said...

A super card and lovely warm colours.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card, feel better soon! Valerie

Words and Pictures said...

Such clever digital creations - and so cute too. Hope your sinuses sort themselves out soon!
Alison x

Anet's Crafting said...

Gorgeous card Fliss, I love the cute Santa and layout.

Pia S said...

Your digital cards are so fun! I think the stitched details are such nice touches, and the hessian paper looks great. Really cute Santa images too!