Friday 11 July 2014

Stencils, Masks or Templates

Hello again and welcome to my second post for the day with my inspiration for our new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog and this time I've been getting creative in my journal.
As you can see from the title, we're playing with Stencils, Masks and Templates this time and we're challenging you to do the same.
Here's my page and hope you like it:


I coloured my page with Distress inks - Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Dried Marigold and Spiced Marmalade. I then added a pattern with a Prima stencil using Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Crushed Olive Distress inks.
I then stamped on the stalks from the Carabelle Studio Ombreline Aux Pistils stamp set which I planned to add flower heads to. I stamped some flower heads from the set on to white stamping card as I wanted them to really pop. I then cut them out and added them to the page.
I then used the stalk stamp to add a funky border round the edges and stamped the text from the Andy Skinner Batik Garden set on stamping card and cut them out by hand.
I finished off with some doodling down the sides and the sprigs at the bottom - really handy for covering up stray ink marks caused by stamping when extremely tired!

I hope you can join us as the random winner will bag a £20 voucher to the online shop.

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Hugs, Fliss xx

2 comments:

Deborah said...

You know I never noticed that set had the stripey border. A wonderful, sunshiney page, Fliss.

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning! Love the gorgeous colour and great stenciling!!