Wednesday 17 September 2014

Welsh Holiday Pics

Hello everyone, hope you're all having a good week and this is a very quick post from me to share some of my pics from last week when we had our trip to Wales. Absolutely no fiddling with the pics either as the weather was fabulous and the light produced very good photos.

First up is a pic of our hotel taken from the side of Lake Vyrnwy which is actually a reservoir and is surrounded by hills and lots of fir trees as you'll see below.


Next I have a pic of the tower in the lake which is Victorian and is actually what my hubby calls the plughole!


Now here's a pic of another lake we visited, Tal y Lynn (lynn is the Welsh for lake) and in common with our lake was like a mirror.


Next is a photo of my favourite Welsh town, Llangollen, pronounced Clan-gothlan, which has the River Dee running through the centre as well as a canal. It also has fabulous art and craft shops and a vintage clothing shop where I was lucky enough to pick up a beautiful green and plum check wool and cashmere jacket (the shoulder pads have to come out though as I don't want to resemble Hilary Devey!!!)


Finally, I have a couple of photos of Port Meirion (does anyone else remember The Prisoner?) and they don't really do it justice. It's a rather strange place but fascinating even so.



See you again soon and hope you enjoy the rest of the week.

Fliss xx

3 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, lovely to see the places you visited. Have fun with your new jacket! Hugs, Valerie

Fiona said...

Sunny in wet Wales.....? Whatever next? Glad you had a great time Fliss, stunning scenery. I went to Portmeirion once and do remember Patrick McGoohan in The Prisoner. I know what you mean about the place, the beaches are fabulous tho.
I'd love to see your new jacket, how about modelling it for us?
x

Suzi B said...

Hi Fliss... I've only just seen these photos...... These places are all my favourites! I have many photos of all esp Lake Vyrnwy... and most more or less on my doorstep :-)
Suzi B xx