Monday 25 May 2015

Kraft Card At Make My Monday

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a lovely long weekend, at least those of you here in the UK that it!
My post today is to share my inspiration for our new challenge over at Make My Monday and this week the lovely Suzi B would like to see us using KRAFT CARD on our creation.
I really enjoyed this challenge as I love kraft card and my creation is a very simple card as you'll see as I didn't want to cover up the kraft card blank I used.


I began by stamping the Carabelle Studio Texture Chevrons image directly on the card blank with white Gesso. I did this by spreading some Gesso on my craft mat and pressing in the stamp, repeating this 3 times. I then immediately washed the stamp to remove any leftover paint.
When the paint was dry, I stamped on the butterfly image (Carabelle Studio Papillon Grunge) over the painted area with Archival Jet Black ink. Some of the image didn't stamp as well as I wanted so I stamped it again on smooth cartridge paper and coloured it with Inktense pencils and cut it out.
I glued the butterfly over the top of the image on the card and added the number text from the butterfly stamp set and some stickers from the Tim Holtz Big Chat sticker book.

Have a great day and see you again soon.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Lovely card Fliss and it reminds me to use Kraft card more then I do!
Hope your bank holiday Monday is nice and relaxing :)
Big hugs
Donna xxx

Suzi B said...

Love this CAS card Fliss I particularly like the chevron design..
Suzi B xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful card! Hugs, Valerie

Deborah said...

Fab card, Fliss. I really like the gesso stamping on kraft. Deb x

craftytrog said...

This is gorgeous Fliss! I love the white stamping on kraft, and the pop of red with that beautiful butterfly.
Alison xx

Words and Pictures said...

What a brilliant CAS card, Fliss. Like Alison I love the white on kraft and the butterfly just captures the attention perfectly.
Alison xx

Marina said...

I love the distressed look of the gesso and the butterfly is beautiful.

Unknown said...

YouTube was began in 2005 by 3 PayPal workers and since then YouTube Alpha ZXT has grown to among the biggest webpages in the world. Youtube Currently has over 1 billion page views a month And Over 1 Billion Unique Page Views A Month.I sayeat!ood morning, Im pretty disturbed about this and Im not sure if this is the best thing that could probably happen. If you have few new informations about this please email me.(This is important to me)http://www.healthsupreviews.com/is-alpha-zxt-scam-or-legit/