Friday 6 November 2015

Tag - You're It!

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog which for the next fortnight has the theme of Tag - You're It!
My tag is mixed media this time as I've finally cracked open my tube of Maimeri Iridescent Paste.



I made the tag by die cutting some flowers from white card with the Creative Expressions Perfect Peony Die Set by Sue Wilson. I glued these on to a Ranger Size 8 manila tag.
I then took some DecoArt Fuid Acrylics in Yellow Green Light, Blue Green Light and Yellow Oxide which I mixed one at a time with the Maimeri Paste and applied to the tag over the top of the glued on flowers.
When the paint paste had dried I rubbed some Carbon Black and and Patina Green DecoArt Antiquing Cream which I rubbed around the flower shapes to make them stand out. I glued some bronze sequins over the top.
I stamped the Carabelle Studio butterfly on a scrap of orange Gelli print paper with black ink, cut this out and glued it to the tag.
I finished it off with some wired ribbon.

There's a fab prize of a £20 voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner so do enter if you can,

Have a great weekend and see you soon.

Fliss xx

5 comments:

Moira said...

Great tag Fliss a real pop of colour

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Fliss
This is gorgeous!
Oh that paste, I love it sooo much. I am addicted to it when it particularly comes to Christmas/winter artwork but you have made me think that I need to start exploring the possibilities for use with other styles of artwork.
Wishes
Lynne

Sally H said...

A beautiful tag, Fliss! I love the fresh greens and the butterfly is a beauty!

brenda said...

Lovely bright and inviting colours on your tag Fliss.

Hope you have a good weekend.

B x

Words and Pictures said...

These look just wonderful, Fliss - love how the colours shift and shimmer and the sequins make perfect centres for the flower heads.
Alison xx