Friday 16 September 2016

Christmas in September at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello again, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog for the next fortnight even though it's chucking down the rain at the moment!
Here's my inspiration which I hope you like as it's a 2 for the price of one type creation. My hubby liked them and asked how easy they were to make and could he order 50 for the office!


They weren't that difficult to make, the only tricky bit being sticking on the die cut trees.

I made a sheet of decorated paper with an A4 piece of white card. I added dots of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics - Green Gold, Yellow Green Light, Titan Buff, Metallic Gold - to my 8x10 Gelli Plate, spread the colour with a brayer and misted with water, pressing on the card to pick up the paint and smooshing on the white bits left with the brayer to cover the card roughly. I then misted on more water and picked up a second print which meant enough paper for quite a few cards - yippee!

I then stamped on the dry papers with text from the Tim Holtz Scribbly Christmas stamp set using Fern Green Archival ink and Galaxy Gold Brilliance ink. I was hoping to cut each A4 sheet in 4 but the dies are a bit big for that so I cut squares instead which left me with 4 narrow bits to use on more cards.

I die cut 2 trees from the square which left me with a negative to use on a second card - good huh!I dry embossed the centre of a white card blank front with a snowflake folder and then glued the negative panel on top.


For the second card, I dry embossed the card front with a snowflake border folder then glued on the 2 die cut trees. I stamped on the winter wonderland text with the gold Brilliance ink to finish.


It's great to have finally made a start on my Christmas cards and if you do the same you could win a fab prize of a voucher for the online shop.

That's Crafty! are also at Ally Pally at the weekend so do visit the stand if you're lucky enough to attend as there will be lots of demos and make and takes with Lauren Hatwell, Alison Hall, Helen Chilton, Carol Fox and Kerry Roberts - not to be missed! Have a great time if you do go!

Fliss xx

10 comments:

Moira said...

These are a great pair of cards, the trees are perfect and how incredibly effective is the white embossing.

Wendy Bellino said...

I can certainly understand why your husband would want to order some for his office, beautiful cards and he can brag on you a little bit too! Thanks for sharing your details!

Amanda said...

Fabulous pair of cards, good look with the 50!
Love
Amanda x

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous cards! Enjoy the rain, it's still very hot here. Hugs, Valerie

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

These are really lovely Fliss,very elegant cards. Please say no to making a big batch, I did that a couple of years ago and hated it....never again!
Hugs
Donna xx

Fiona said...

Goodness Fliss, I can't even begin to think about Christmas yet...maybe next month. Your cards are lovely, really like that shade of green.x

Mrs.B said...

Great cards Fliss, especially when you get 2 for one!
Avril xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Wonderful cards and very clever! You'll be busy if you have to make 50 of them!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Beautiful cards - it's good to make a start on Christmas too!

http://cheryl-cherylscreativeatcscards.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

oh these are just super hun,love trees and you have showcased them beautifully hugs Cherylxxxxxx