Friday 9 December 2016

Flower Power at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello again and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog where for the next fortnight we have the theme of Flower Power.

I've made a tag with one of the lovely new Prima princesses and this one is Maia - I love the flowers she has in her hair.


I used my fingers to apply 2 shades of pink paint to the MDF tag (Paper Artsy Fresco Finish Acrylics Orchid and Sherbert). Once the paint was dry I drew the triangles on the tag with a graphite pencil, adding dots top and bottom. I painted them with orange and yellow Paper Artsy acrylics.
I then added stencilling using the honeycomb and diamond dot Dinky stencils with Archival Watering Can ink.
I stamped Maia on stamping card with Archival Jet Black ink and coloured her with a mix of coloured and pastel pencils, adding detail with markers. I then cut her out (not well as my dodgy eyesight doesn't help with this!) and covered up my rather bad cutting by using the graphite pencil round the edges - it really does cover up any cutting issues!

There's a great prize of a voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner and all you have to do to be in with a chance is enter - how easy is that!

Have a great day and a lovely weekend.
Fliss xx

6 comments:

brenda said...

Back so quickly Fliss but just saw this pop up and had to take a peek, beautiful image and colours.

B x

Moira said...

She is so pretty

Nikki Acton said...

Fliss a gorgeous image, stunningly coloured! Fabulous balancing with the diamonds too xxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

This is gorgeous Fliss, those stamps are really lovely aren't they
Hugs
Donna xx

Amanda said...

Seems we both had the same idea, great tag and the flowers look lovely
Love
Amanda x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Fliss
This is really beautiful.
This stamp is perfect for you, I always associate you with flowers and as you say, look at those flowers in her hair.
xx