Friday 23 June 2017

Keeping It Simple at That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hello everyone, I hope you've been surviving the heat wave we've had here this last week. I have to admit I've really struggled to cope as I don't do well in such heat and have ended up with puffy feet and ankles, something I've never had in this country! The office I work in was so unbearably hot that I had to wear my linen holiday frocks to work in an effort to keep cool - not that it worked but they were much more comfy :)
We have a new challenge today over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog where for the next fortnight the theme is Keep It Simple so we want to see clean and simple creations.
This is a theme that really is a challenge for me as I don't do simple that often so the creative thinking cap went on! I was inspired in the end by one of my favourite quotes from Lynne's Affirmations stamp sets and this journal page was the result. Hope you like it.


I used a bubble texture stamp with some bright Distress inks to stamp a design repeatedly, starting in the bottom left corner, going up diagonally towards the top right in a flowing shape which spoke to me of soaring upwards.
I stamped the butterfly wings on scrap paper with black ink and drew bodies in between with a black marker then painted them with Distress ink. I cut them out and added them to fly up my soaring bubby design then stamped on the quote with black ink to finish. Tada, done!

I used:
That's Crafty! Texture Stamp Set 2
That's Crafty! Lynne's Affirmations Stamp Set 1 - for the butterfly wings
That's Crafty! Lynne's Affirmations Stamp Set 2 - for the quote
Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
Distress Inks - Twisted Citron, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon, Fossilised Amber, Salty Ocean

Have a great day,
Fliss xx

9 comments:

brenda said...

It has been a bit OTT this week hasn't it Fliss. Loving all the vibrancy of your pretty journal cover and of course the butterflies.

B x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. Stay cool! Hugs, Valerie

craftytrog said...

Lovely card Fliss! Xxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Gorgeous page Fliss, love the colours. Thanks for making me smile too....I've not heard the word frocks for ages!
hugs
Donna xx

Bev Hilton said...

Lovely card Fliss and yes, clean and simple is a tricky one but you've done a fab job. So sorry to hear your struggle with the heat, I'm with you on that one. Hope you're feeling a little cooler now and enjoy your weekend. Hugs.
Bev. xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love this page Fliss, it immediately reminded me of Celebrations with all those bubbles, just like popping the cork on something expensive. Wouldn't it be lovely if Butterflies appeared..!?
Hope you get chance to put your feet up this weekend..
Hugs Tracey xx

Nikki Acton said...

Beautiful design Fliss and lovely colours. Really clever use of the texture stamps xx

Amanda said...

A cascade of colour, fab page
Love
Amanda x

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely and uplifting in words, colours and mood.
Alison x