Friday 18 August 2017

A Card Challenge at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone and welcome to my inspiration for our new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog, where for the next fortnight our theme is Only Cards.
I hope you caught the first of the That's Crafty! shows on Hochanda too as the first one has just finished having started at the early hour of 7am! The next one is at 11am and is not to be missed as the new products are amazing and I really loved working with them.
My card inspiration features one of Donna's gorgeous new Christmas stamps and I know this one will be appearing quite a lot on my festive makes.


My Oxide inks came out to play for my background which was made simply with a scrap of mixed media paper coloured with Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet Oxides. I dipped and spritzed until I was happy with the effect then stamped on the gorgeous snowman with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.
I then painted the snowman using the same Oxide inks which watercolour beautifully over the background colour. The snowy bits were painted with white gesso and I added a little shadowing around the edges with a pale grey watercolour pencil.
I used the new Poinsettia Tree stencil which has some lovely dots to apply dots around the snowman with an embossing dabber. I then heat embossed these with white embossing powder. I ended up with a few specks and streaks where I wasn't quite expecting them but hey - I like the effect!
I attached the panel to a white square card blank and finished off with a Tim Holtz Idea-ology seasonal sticker.

It's really good to enter as the prize is a voucher for the online shop where there are just tons of amazing goodies to choose from.
Have a great day and see you later with news of my That's Crafty! Blog post today.
Fliss xx

9 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, love the effects of the oxide inks in the BG. Hope your eyes are better now. Hugs, Valerie

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This is stunning. I'm loving the background - I'm resisting the oxides at the moment but it gets harder with every project I see :/ x

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Amazing card Fliss, love the background you've created for my snowman....he looks very happy to be there :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Bev Hilton said...

Fantastic card Fliss. Great snow man and a beautiful background for sure.
Much love, Bev. xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love that Oxide background, you really have a way of bringing out those colours Fliss. I love this snowman image and I've not had chance to play with him yet. I can see him being Mr Popular. Hugs Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

Beautiful card Fliss! I love the background, and Donna's cute snowman.
Alison xx

Amanda said...

What a fabulous background for Donna's snowman, great card
Love
Amanda x

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, what a wonderful winter sky you've created behind Donna's sweet snowman - lovely!
Alison x

Nikki Acton said...

Great colours Fliss - wonderful background for Donna's fab snowman design! xx