Monday 2 October 2017

Autumn Art Journaling

Hello all, hope you've had a good start to the week. Mine started off with a walk first thing as the new chapter in my life has now begun and one of my resolutions is to get fitter so I went out, first walking along the seafront and then making my way back a bit inland. Along the route, I managed to collect some fallen leaves which inspired and indeed helped with my journal page for today.
I'm entering this in the Rubber Dance October colour challenge as I love these particular colours and challenged myself to create my journal page with them.



I decided on Autumn as it's my favourite time of year and created the background with a wash of grey and cobalt paints which I applied in rough stripes.
I then used a very unusual stamp - one of the leaves I collected - to add a pattern to my page. I used Chipped Sapphire and Rusty Hinge Distress inks which I pressed on the leaf, using both sides and then placed the inked leaf on the page, running the brayer over the top to transfer the ink. I repeated this until I was happy with the effect.


As you can see, the leaf has left a very good impression and I love the way nature can be brought into art like this.
I finished off my page very simply (I felt the leaves didn't need much else) by stamping on the Art text which is part of the Rubber Dance Kiwi Postoid stamp using the Chipped Sapphire ink.

Have a great week.
Fliss xx

14 comments:

Dorthe said...

What a very beautiful journal page, Fliss. I so love the way you used the leaves , in getting the most wonderful stamps, one could wish for,- and the result is magic, and so gorgeous . I cross my fingers for you . :-) xxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous journal page Floss, love the leaves. Hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful art journal page Fliss, the autumn colours look lovely.
Yvonne

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Such a beautiful creation Fliss, love the fact you used real leaves too. It’s so lovely to have you join us at the Rubber Dance blog too :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Suzi B said...

Fabulous Fliss, great idea to use real leaves, love the colours.
Wishing much luck in your new life chapter
Suzi B xx
P'S seems like forever ago that I visited blog land..... 😁😁

craftytrog said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! xx

Sue said...

Fliss this is beautiful, it's such a powerful image, really lovely! Thank you so much for joining in with our colour challenge at Rubber Dance, and enjoy your walking. Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Fliss this takes me back to my profession as we would gather fallen leaves on our nature trail walks and use them to print with back in the playroom. Beautiful prints and a delightful colour way.. Hugs Tracey xx

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

Do you know Fliss, this reminded me of when I was young and we were out in the woods and collected leafs and flowers to put pressure in books.
Beautiful art journal page! Great idea to use the leaf as stamp!
Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge!
Hugs, Anita xx

Rubber Dance said...

Brilliant spread Fliss! Thank you for using our stamps on your gorgeous page. The leaves are stunning! Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance October Colour Challenge! xx Susanne.

Words and Pictures said...

Sounds like a great new chapter if it allows for walking and leaf-collecting and art-journalling - I really love this page.
Alison x

Ink Art Designs said...

He Fliss. Another gorgeous journal page. I'm feeling a little guilty though - I should be walking too lol. I love the leaf printing, the skeletal look is so beautiful. And ART was the perfect word to add.
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance for the colour challenge this month.
Dot x

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Amazing journal page, Fliss, love your idea of stamping leaf on to the page directly. And I realized Many times we forget simple things to use in our art :)
Thanks so much for joining s at Rubber Dance Color Challenge this month.

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

I love this page - the leaves are beautiful! Thanks for joining our Rubber Dance challenge! Hugs, Melina