Tuesday 3 October 2017

Serendipity Strikes - I Think!

Hello all, I have another art journal page to share today which has the background that was actually intended for my Autumn journal page yesterday but things did not go quite as planned due to the unpredictability of oxide inks.
I decided to have a go today to make the background work for another page and again things didn't quite go to plan as the grey in the mix took on a slightly greenish cast but with the addition of more dark blue and some Rusty Hinge Distress ink I think it just about fits the colour challenge at Rubber Dance. I really love these colours which is why I wanted to make the page fit!



The oxide inks I used were Faded Jeans and Fired Brick with Hickory Smoke Distress ink. I added them to my craft mat, misted them with water and dipped the page in. This is when the grey Distress ink went a little green in places but I knocked it back with Faded Jeans and Rusty Hinge Distress inks.
I then stamped on some of the circular images from the Rubber Dance Round in Circles stamp set using the same inks. This was a bit bolder than I wanted so I misted the page with water and blotted it with a paper towel.
I next stamped on the Phone Home girl with Archival Watering Can ink and added some of the text phrases from the Something Wonderful set which I love for the positive thoughts on it. The final touch was a little stencilling with the Brick Background Dinky Stencil using the Rusty Hinge ink.

I hope you like my happy accident (I think serendipity might be my middle name lol)

Thanks for looking,
Fliss xx

11 comments:

Dorthe said...

Oh , she is a phone angel :-) I love her , and her wings, and how you almost had them shadowed by the watered Distress Oxide
.Lovely with all the baubles you created, and your colors fits perfectly, Fliss, they truly are beautiful- an eyecandy creation!!!
Hugs, Dorthe,
xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Another gorgeous journal page! Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Great use of the colours for the challenge Fliss your journal page is fabulous and a great way to get just the colours you required. The RD stamp is so sweet.
Hugs Tracey xx

Sue said...

Fliss this is gorgeous, you have definitely made it work! I love the brick stencilling and the way you've added the 'mistakes' quote lol. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge again at Rubber Dance, and have a great week. Sue xx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Love this creation Fliss and it’s wonderful to have you over at the Rubber Dance blog again :)
Hugs
Donna xx

nitisartfromheart.bloggspot.no said...

I love your happy accident, Fliss! Wonderful art journal page. Thank you so much for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge once more.
Hugs, Anita xx

Rubber Dance said...

Another great journal play my dear! Thank you for using our stamps! The background looks gorgeous. Thank you also for joining the Rubber Dance October Colour Challenge! xx Susanne.

Words and Pictures said...

Funny how sometimes it's the things which don't seem to be going right end up going beautifully! A great journal page, with those layers of colours, so right for the words, and the winged figure taking off for fresh fields and pastures new.
Alison x

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Serendipity! You know what they say - things turn out how they are meant to. Your journal page is brilliant! The words are perfect for it and the bricks match perfectly Fliss.
Thank you for joining us at Rubber Dance for the colour challenge this month.
Dot x

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Love that dreamy background, Fliss, Beautiful journal page.
Thanks so much for joining us at Rubber Dance Color Challenge this month.

ionabunny said...

Gorgeous page. Love the textures and the flying girl is very uplifting. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz