Friday 22 December 2017

Anything Goes at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone, I hope you're all nearly ready for the big day which is approaching so fast now I can't believe it's almost here! I'm madly wrapping up presents at the moment which is earlier than recent years when I've done it all on Christmas Eve.
We have a new challenge today over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog which for the next few weeks has the theme of Anything Goes.
Hope you like my inspiration which is one of my Hochanda samples for the recent One Day Special and the presenter Alex liked the colours on this one.


I made my background using the acrylic paint resist technique, first painting the background lilac which was made by mixing white into violet multi surface paint. I then stamped on the gorgeous rose from Textures Stamp Set 3 with VersaFine Crimson Red and Imperial Purple ink, heat embossing with clear powder. I painted over the top with violet and when the paint was dry, wiped the paint off the embossed roses with baby wipes.
I stamped the lovely Serena twice on mixed media paper with black ink and also on the painted panel. I painted just the face on one image and the hat and heart on the other which I painted Bright Magenta and stamped with roses using the crimson ink. I cut the sections out and and glued them over the top of the image stamped on the panel.
I next stamped the lace image from the textures set on lilac painted paper with the purple ink and trimmed it down a little when cutting it out, gluing it at the base of the panel.
I stamped the beautiful dreamer text from Lynne's Affirmations Set 6 on lilac stained paper, cut this up and added it to my panel. I finished off with bakers twine at the top.

I hope you can enter as the prize is a voucher for the online shop which has lots of fabulous new goodies on offer.
Have a great day,
Fliss xx

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is beautiful Fliss. Thanks for your mail, I'll write back as soon as I get a minute or 2! Merry Christmas to you and yours, hugs, Valerie

Craftychris said...

Stunning wall hanging! I agree with Alex, the colours are gorgeous! xxx

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Love this Fliss, the colours are just amazing and as always you make Serena look ultra glam :)
Hugs
Donna xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the colours you used from the very first time I saw this Fliss, Serena looks very much at home among them.
Late comment from me again as I've been playing Santa delivering presents to family and friends all day yesterday. Hoping i'm all ready for Christmas and looking forward to hibernating with the family over the next few days.
Wishing you a fabulous Christmas Fliss and sharing more That's Crafty Love in 2018.
Warm Hugs Tracey xx

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous piece Fliss, I love the colours!
Wishing you a very happy and joyous Christmas!
Alison xox