Wednesday 14 March 2018

Birthday Card

Hello everyone, I hope you're all having a good week. This is just a quick post to share the card I made for my elder daughter whose birthday was on Monday.
It's a very quick and simple card featuring my new bird stamp again this time on a bright and bold style creation.


All I did was to stamp the scribbled lines using bright shades of Distress Oxide inks across a piece of white card.
I then stamped my bird with black ink (VersaFine) on smooth white card and heat embossed the image with clear powder. I then coloured the image with Zig clean colour markers and there's a note to self here to wipe the excess ink off the embossing which is of course a resist and would stop me getting a red blob near the bottom of my white card when I stuck the bird on! I had to chop it off which is why the blue border is wider than intended.
I stamped my current favourite birthday text (Dovecraft) on as you see and added the blue mat before gluing to a white card blank.

Supplies:
My Fanciful Flowers Clear Stamp Set 2 for That's Crafty!
That's Crafty! Textures Collection Set 1 Clear Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Oxide Inks - Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron
Versafine Onyx Black Ink
Zig Clean Colour Markers

Have a great rest of week and see you soon.
Fliss xx

6 comments:

Melina Dahl Minas kreativa said...

So happy and bright! Lovely💕

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous and happy card. Hugs, Valerie

Amanda said...

Lovely clean and simple card
Love
Amanda x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hope your Daughter had a great Birthday Fliss, lovely bright and cheerful colours on your card and the script of the wording is fab.
Hugs Tracey xx

Craftychris said...

This is such a cool card! Love the border and your beautiful bird - I bet your daughter loved it and I hope she had a fabulous birthday! xxx

Sue said...

I love your happy bird Fliss, and I bet your daughter did too. I really like the font on this sentiment! Have a great weekend, Sue xx