Friday 2 March 2018

Joyful Flowers Mixed Media Art for That's Crafty!

Hello everyone, I don't know about you but I've had a really awful week starting off on Wednesday morning when we woke up to find the boiler had stopped working in the middle of the night and the usual pressure adjustment didn't work so we had to call a man out. Apparently the boiler condenser outlet was frozen solid (no surprise there due to the arctic temperatures at the moment!) so he's done a temporary repair, rerouting the pipe to a bucket! It won't get fixed until the big freeze has ended.

On the same day, cold fingers became butter fingers and I dropped my laptop on the kitchen floor whilst trying to move to the dining room. So yesterday morning I made an emergency trip to the Brighton Apple store and luckily due to the weather people who had actually managed to book an appointment (not me as all they seemed to have was the middle of next week!!!), I only waited a few minutes before someone came to look at my computer. All he did was take it out the back and hoover it then ran the diagnostics in front of me and everything worked - no charge!

Yesterday afternoon was really awful as we lost our little Rosie, our Netherland Dwarf bunny, after several weeks of ill health, the result of a misdiagnosis of a problem with one of her back legs which unfortunately got beyond fixing.



On a happier note, I'm over at That's Crafty! Blog today sharing a mixed media make using some of my new stamp designs. Here's a sneak peek and hope you like it.






Have a great weekend and see you soon.
Fliss xx

4 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

First of all let me send you some Hugs (((Fliss))) So sorry you have had such an awful week.
Glad you laptop was fixable, the silliest of things in life can cause us so many problems when they are not there to do the job we need them too.. mine is really on it's last legs and 3 new chargers down the line I take every working day as a blessing.
Hope the pipe and bucket fix lasts till it can be fixed properly, this weather really has been a test for us all.
We have been running round helping everyone in need as we have fallen at the tail end of the freeze and storm. Least everyone has food, is warm and has their vital medication to see them through it all.
So sad to hear about Rosie, I really do feel for you all. I hope she is now hopping and leaping about in Bunny heaven out of pain and any suffering enjoying a much warmer climate than what we are experiencing at present..
I am off to read up on your beautiful mixed media creation now, although I was lucky enough to see it up close for real.. What a treat..!!
Sending BIG Hugs and wishing you a haphazard free weekend Tracey xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry to hear about all the mishaps and I can imagine how much you miss your pet. Your creation is lovely. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

OH dear, what a rotten week it's been for your Fliss, it's always so hard when we lose one of our pets. On a brighter note your peek looks like a very pretty creation so need to have a look at he full reveal.

B x

Dorthe said...

Dear Fliss, you really had a tough week, my friend-
I`m so glad, both the boiler and your laptop, was able to work again, after some short fixes, but sad for you with your lovely Rosie, you had to tell goodbye,- it brings so much happiness, with pets, but also some very sad.
Now off to see your gigant tag- as I know how very big they are, I`m very exited to see how you used it , with your lovely stamps, dear friend.
Hugs from Dorthe- I wish uoi a lovely weekend . xxx