Monday 5 March 2018

Yesterday's Workshop with Leonie Pujol

Hello everyone, I hope you had a lovely weekend as I did, as I was lucky enough to attend a workshop yesterday run by the lovely Leonie Pujol and we got to play with Powertex, very messy but great fun and also created a very textured journal page.

I managed to finish off my journal page as when I left, the texture gel on the star wasn't quite dry as it starts out white then goes clear when dry. I also added a little detail to the stencilled white fibre paste, outlining the areas in black and decorating with dots to make them pop more.


The page involved rice paper, Distress stains and crayons, stamping, stencilling and fibre paste all topped off with some metallic wax which doesn't quite show here but gave a lovely glow to the page in places.

We decorated the front of a Pink Pig book with Powertex dipped mixed media elements, in my case using the black and you should have seen my hands when I finished adding the elements, I looked as if I'd dipped them in a tar bucket! Happily it comes off with water and a bit of scrubbing. Once the front was dry, we used shimmery paints on top. here's the main detail on mine although it will change as I want to make the colours stronger so will post this again once I've finished playing with it.



You can see all the ladies' creations over on Leonie's website if you click HERE

It's amazing how different everyone's makes are when we all started off with the same thing.

Have a great week and see you again soon.
Fliss xx

8 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work, glad you enjoyed your course. Hugs, Valerie

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, amazing pieces both of them! Must have been a wonderful cass, lucky you!!

Ink Art Designs said...

It looks like you had a whole lot of fun! It looks terrific Fliss x

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love them both Fliss, I bet the textures on your journal page look amazing and I adore fibre paste!! As i'd said before I've never played with powertex just cleaned up the aftermath when my Daughter used it around 3 years ago for a college project.. had to take the u bend off the sink to unblock it hee hee!!
Glad you had a good creative day..
Hugs Tracey xx

Amanda said...

Great pieces Fliss, looks like it was so much fun
Love
Amanda x

Shirley said...

Lucky you to get to go to a workshop with Leonie Fliss looks like you had a great time.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsArtwork.

Dorthe said...

Gorgeous creations both Fliss,
The Powertex woman, page is stunning, and I will love to see it when all finished- I never tried it myself !!
And also the page with so much texture, and in my favorite colors, is wonderful - love the text you used, too , lovely lady.
Sorry for being late , here.
Hugs Dorthe, xxx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous journal page and I love the quote! Cool front cover too - it sounds like you had a fabulous time! xxx