Wednesday 18 April 2018

Going Round In Circles Challenge Midway Inspiration

Hello, hope you're all having a good week and hopefully have Spring weather as we do as it's a glorious sunny day down here on the South Coast and much warmer too.
Slightly dodgy start to the day though as I had to make yet another trip to the tyre repair shop as I had another puncture in the same tyre as last time! Pesky builders and their screws which shouldn't be in the road!!! Thankfully it was fixed very quickly.
I have some midway inspiration for our April Challenge at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog with the theme of Going Round In Circles and I couldn't resist this floral wreath which I created for last week's Hochanda shows and if you watched, you might have seen this one (screen shot below)




This started off with the largest of the new MDF circles, the 8 inch one which I painted with white gesso and then used just the centre of the new dot mandala stencil (a sellout on the shows) to add detail in the centre of the circle (no point stencilling on an area to be covered up!) with texture sand paste. I then painted the whole circle with slightly watered down lime multi surface paint which gives a lovely fresh Spring green. I then spritzed on some diluted lime and mustard, allowing the paints to run down the panel.


Once the background was dry, I took a selection of flowers in shades of pink and purple from my large supply of flowers stamped and cut out from gelli prints in a recent mammoth crafting session and laid these out around the circle to decide on placement. Once I was happy with the arrangement, I glued them together with 3D glue gel and added them to the background with the same glue. I glued leaves in between, making sure they popped out a little to give a realistic wreath effect.
I finished off with some green gingham ribbon tied through the holes in the top (I can recommend threading through with a needle if necessary as it helps pull thicker ribbons through) and the quote stamped on a scrap of gelli print paper and shaped to form a plaque.

I hope you can join in the challenge which is now open to entrants all over the world and has a prize of a £30 voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner and stencils of choice from the ever expanding That's Crafty! own range for the Top 3 chosen by the Design Team.

Have a great day and a lovely week.
Fliss xx

6 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the wreath, so pretty! Sorry about the car, always so annoying when things like that happen!

Dorthe said...

Dear Fliss,

Your wreath is gorgeous, the stenciling in the middle of your flowers, looks so beautiful, and all the beautiful flowers, in the happy pink and lilac colors , surrounding the lime green center, makes this a wonderful summer hanging. Amazingly done, Fliss.
Hugs, xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A beautiful wreath Fliss, what a mammoth task cutting out all those flowers but it was so worth it because it looks amazing. I can imagine it looks even more vibrant in real life as I know how the camera can distort the colours we see. A splendid home decor piece to show off your sweet flower stamp.
Wishing you sunny days ahead Hugs Tracey xx

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is awesomely beautiful! I loved it when I saw it on the telly - congratulations on that by the way - all the samples were magnificent! That's Crafty has some amazing stamps (I love yours) and other products now. When finances allow, I know where my crafty pennies will be going! Thank you for your lovely get well comment, am still resting lots! Just managing the odd comment. Sorry you had more tyre problems, so annoying! xxxxxx

Sue said...

This is such a beauty Fliss, so much hard work but so worth it! I feel your pain about a screw in your tire, we've had that too recently xx

Carol said...

Great project and lots of hard work - beautiful xx