Wednesday 6 June 2018

A Summer's Day at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog

Hello everyone from a very sneezy Fliss as I've had the most terrible hayfever over the last few days and not quite sure where this came from as I hardly ever get it these days! Hopefully whatever is causing it will soon be blown away as it's really windy here today.
Anyway, enough of my woes and I need to let you know there's a new challenge up today at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog and our theme for June is A Summer's Day so we'd like to see artwork with whatever Summer means to you.
In my case, it's all the lovely bright flowers that come into bloom and I have a tag to share with just that featured on it.


My many layered background features both stencilling and stamping after swiping on some yellow, lime and teal paints. I first added stencilling with the random triangles dinky stencil and teal multi surface paint. I then stamped on the script and postmark from That's Crafty! Textures Collection Stamp Set 3 with Archival Watering Can ink.
I next stamped on the sequin waste image from Textures Collection Set 4 with Archival Cactus Flower ink. I added the live life text from Melina's Nature's Faces Set 2 stamp set with the same ink.
I stamped my flowers from the Fanciful Flowers Set 2 stamp set on mixed media paper with Archival Jet Black ink and then painted the images with bright red, mustard yellow and bright orange multi surface paints. I cut the images out, swiped on embossing ink and heat embossed them with clear powder for some shine.
I glued the flowers on with dimensional glue and finished off with some toning sari ribbon.

Don't forget there's now a whole month to enter and entries are welcome from all over the world. The randomly drawn winner receives a £30 voucher for the online shop and the Top 3 a choice of That's Crafty! stencil. Hope to see you there!

Have a great rest of the week.
Fliss xx

5 comments:

Sam & Poppy said...

So very lovely and pretty Fliss :) xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Great tag Fliss, feel better soon. Hugs, Valerie

Dorthe said...

So sunny and wonderful Fliss, I so love your background, with stenciling and stamping - and all your suncolours .
I hope you will be better very soon, my friend.
Hugs from Dorthe, xxx

Sue said...

I love this Fliss, beautiful happy colours and fabulous flowers and stencilling. I hope your hayfever clears up really quickly. Have a happy (and sneeze free) week, Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

I do love that background my favourite TCMS colour combo. Those flowers look awesome embossed. Beautiful..!
Hope your hay fever clears up soon Fliss.
Hugs Tracey xx