Wednesday 20 June 2018

Midway Inspiration for That's Crafty! June Challenge

Hello and welcome to my second inspiration for our June challenge over at That's Crafty! Challenge Blog with the theme of A Summer's Day.
I've made a tag on my favourite floral theme featuring some brightly coloured flowers which are part of what Summer means to me.


I created a simple background on a size 10 white/greyboard tag by swiping on slightly diluted multi surface paints in Buttercup, Lavender and Teal to make a soft wash of colour for my bright flowers.
I took some stamped flowers from my stash as I have a ready supply of my fanciful flowers stamped up on Gelli prints created with more diluted multi surface paints - these were Bright Magenta, Mustard, Orange, Green and Lime, some stamped and some stencilled but fairly plain as I find these so useful to stamp flowers and leaves on.
I created some stems for my smaller flowers (made from the central areas of my flower stamp) by cutting curved strips of green Gelli print scraps and drew a simple running stitch line down the centre.
I glued the flowers in place after layering them up with dimensional adhesive and added Melina's text from her Nature's Faces Set 2 stamps using Archival Fern Green and cutting up the words into tiles.
I finished off with some torn recycled sari ribbon.

If you haven't yet entered, there's a great prize of a £30 voucher for the online shop for the randomly drawn winner and stencils of choice for the Top 3 chosen by the Design Team. You have to be in it to win it so hope to see you there!
Fliss xx


7 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

So pretty Fliss. Love the colourful flowers set against the delicate backdrop. Tracy ❤️

brenda said...

Yes, flowers and bright colours say Summer to be as well Fliss and your tag is glorious with those blooms.

B x

Dorthe said...

Beautiful, how you fussy cut your flowers, and created this amazing bouquet , Fliss - so wonderful on the airy background , dear.
Hugs from Dorthe, xxx

Sue said...

This is really lovely Fliss, such happy flowers and the background suits them perfectly. Hope you're having a fun week, Sue xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Another beautiful tag Fliss, you really know how to work your fanciful flowers to create a beautiful arrangement. Thank you for sharing your summery creation.
Hugs Tracey xx

Craftychris said...

So bright and beautiful! I simply adore your flower stamps - they are high on my wish list! xxx

craftytrog said...

Simply stunning Fliss! xxx