Sunday 1 November 2009

2 Turtle Doves

This is my second page for UK Stampers 12 Days of Christmas Challenge and I've used some new stamps that arrived yesterday from Crafty Individuals who used a courier service because of the current postal strike. Really fantastic service as they arrived in 3 days so thanks so much to Malcolm for that.



The 4x4 square of card was inked with various shades of Adirondack inks and then I stamped CI-237 on the right hand side with VersaFine Crimson Red ink and part of CI-258 in the remaining spaces with VersaFine Toffee ink.  I then added a little more of the Adirondack inks to make each stamped panel contrast.
I stamped the bird and branch images from CI-248 on cream card with VersaFine Imperial Purple ink and coloured them first with a mix of Adirondack and Distress inks and then added detail with pencil crayons.  I cut them out and inked around the edges with VersaColor Boysenberry ink as this gives a shadow effect and really makes the images stand out.
I stuck them on with foam tape and finished with a number and computer generated text which were both inked.

9 comments:

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Loving the colours. Loving the paper-piecing. Just loving it all, basically!

Hugs,
Chris xx

Liz said...

Wow thats stunning colours are lovely and love em birds

Liz x

Hearts Turned said...

How gorgeous is this, Fliss?!!! Beautiful page for the challenge! I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Tinkertaylor said...

Just love the colours you've used

cheryl said...

wow love this hun totally stunning piece of work love those birds hugs cherylxxxx

Isabelle Norris said...

ohhhhhh, how STUNNING is this ??? love it!
isa

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Fliss!

Liz x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Oooh - gorgeous, gorgeous colours Fliss. Love it!! You've certainly brightened up my rainy day!
Love, Sylvia xxxx

Rose said...

I love this Fliss, those birds are lovely!

Rose xx