Friday 30 July 2010

Polka Doodles Challenge - Generic Male and Female

Morning all on this bright and sunny Friday. Don't know about you but I've had a good day followed by a bad one as on Wednesday my daughter Sarah received her Art Foundation results and she got Distinction so we're jumping up and down here as it means that she's got her place at Kingston University.
I also gained another Gingersnap Creations award for my card in the last post so thanks to all those Gingersnappers.
Yesterday was not so good as I managed to end up with a scratched left eye again due to a large lump of grit getting trapped behind my contact lens. I'm currently doing everything with just the right one in so it's a bit disorientating.
Going on to this week's challenge at Polka Doodles, Nikky would like to see creations which are suitable for both male and female recipients so it's time to put the creative thinking cap on.
Here's what I came up with and I chose a peacock image as it is the male of that species that struts his stuff!
I've used the stripy background paper and embellishment from the Dad's Birthday Bundle download and combined this with the green Plain Jane paper from the Sugar Birdies CD and the peacock silhouette from the Shake a Tail Feather collection on the Back To Nature CD. The stamped greeting is from the Daisy Doodles stamp set. I added gingham ribbon and toning brads for a finishing touch.
Don't forget to pop over to the challenge blog as the fantastic Letraset Aquamarkers competition is still running with fabulous prizes on offer and all you have to do to be in with a chance at winning is to show us your colouring skills - how easy is that!
Wishing you all good luck.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh Fliss I do hope your eye gets better soon love, Gorgeous creation, the image looks fab.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Fiona said...

Hi Fliss,
Love your peacock card and the the colours you have chosen. Congrats to your daughter.
x

June said...

Hi Fliss, love that peacock is it a stamp ? its beautiful as is the card. I am so sorry to hear about your eye, i hope it heals soon my friend
hugs June xxxxx

Claire Phillips said...

Great card Fliss. Wonderful news about your daughter ....and take care of your eyes - they are too precious to be scratched(I had to give up on contacts as was forever getting things under them at Art School....)Cheers Claire x