Friday 14 January 2011

Polka Doodles Sketch and Colour Challenge

Happy Friday everyone and I'm hoping here that this post pops up whilst I'm at the hairdressers as I have the first appointment so I can park without any trouble.
This week's challenge, week 2, has been set by Nikky our head doodler in honour of our lovely teamie Enfys who spends half a year in the US and half in the UK.  Enfys is celebrating at the moment so be sure to pop over to the Challenge Blog for the full story.
Nikky's challenge is to use Red, White and Blue for your entry and also to use one of her much loved sketches - I'm sure you know how much she likes these!


For my birthday card, I chose a gorgeous image from the Autumn Collection of the Sundae of Seasons CD and printed out the black and white digital stamp - this is mostly as I'm rapidly becoming addicted to colouring, something I never thought I'd say! I coloured her with my Prisma pencils, blending the colours with Zest It (like Sansador but with a lovely citrus smell). Don't you just love her stripy socks, I was so pleased with the way they turned out. I also like the way the pencils make her beret look realistically woolly.
I've used the lovely plaid paper from the same CD together with one of the pretty ribbon style borders and a blue paper from the Not So Plain Plains of the Not For Girls CD which has a linen like texture.
The greeting uses some of the stamps from the new Sensational Sentiments Stamps set which was launched with the gorgeous Houses sets and all three were a complete sell out. I finished off with some flowers and a leaf punched from the leftover paper scraps.
I hope you can have a go at the challenge and you have until 12 noon on Sunday 23 January to get your entries in. Please also don't forget the 10 challenge rule as we have to discount any entries which break this rule.

No comments: