Monday 17 October 2011

Autumn Flora And Fauna Inchies

Brrrr! Good morning everyone on a rather chilly Monday. Hoping that you all had a lovely weekend. Mine was rather busy as I had my younger daughter home from uni for the weekend and I had DT work to do plus preparations for a card making class I'm teaching this morning. My designing didn't get done until the evening whilst I watched the Strictly results followed by the X Factor results and then Downton Abbey (wasn't it sad yesterday).
Now I must stop waffling on as there's a new challenge today over at Make My Monday. We're continuing Caz's Autumn theme and this week the challenge is to make Flora and Fauna Inchies for Autumn.
Here's my inspiration for you which is a little collage:


The base of my collage is a piece of recycled cardboard from a cereal box and I covered it with some rather lovely handmade paper with leaves and flower petals embedded in it.
I made the inchies using a Magenta cling set - CSET28 and chose the floral tiles. I stamped them with VersaFine Vintage Sepia and Spanish Moss and then coloured them with layers of Distress inks, Promarkers and Prisma pencils.
I assembled it as you see, adding the cute little owl from the Inkadinkado 97729 Bird Assortment clear set, coloured with Promarkers and some flourishes cut with a Sissix die from vintage music paper and coloured with Crushed Olive Distress ink. So there you have it - finished!

The Design Team have made some gorgeous projects to inspire you so do pop on over for a look and hope to see you there.

I'd like to enter my collage in the following challenges:
Corrosive Challenges - Flying Things
Delightful Challenges - Colours Of Fall
Scrappy Frogs - Something That Flies
Stamptacular Sunday - You Choose
Kaboodle Doodles - Squares Or Inchies

That's it for now so have a great day.
Fliss xx

22 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful collage, great colors and lovely owl.

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Those inchies are stunning...and that owl is sooooooo cute!

Sandra said...

Fab card love the owl Fliss,i've never made any inches but these look great.
Sandra x

Jacqueline said...

Love the cute lttle owl - fabulous inchies too - Jacqueline xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely piece Fliss, the autumn inchies look great on that lovely background! Valerie

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card. I really like the colors used and how you added a little swirl to the background. The added dimension of the butterfly is just right. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Aquarius said...

Love these autumnal inchies - a new idea to me but will have a go later

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss
I never would have thought to display inchies in such a way.
You certainly captured Autumn.
Wishes
Lynne

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your stack of bright inchies Fliss and the owl is the perfect addition! I couldn't believe Downton - spend the entire episode snivelling on the sofa! Vx

MarcyK924 said...

I LOVE inchies! Your card is so festive! Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday! Hugs, Marcy

Meggymay said...

Love your collage, beautiful colours again. Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous piece Fliss - gorgeous autumnal colours.
luv {brenda} xoxox

Kathleen B. Hernandez said...

Wonderful work with your inchies! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles inchies or squares challenge!

Kath
Blog: “Let’s Get Scrappy!”

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Love the colours and your squares

mudmaven said...

This is simply stunning! Love your technique and all the gorgeous details. Thanks for joining us for our Squares or Inchies challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

Nina said...

Ohlala, what a fab card!! Love the colours and the sweet owl ♥

Thank you so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week. Hope to see you again :)
Hugs, Nina.

Mynn xx said...

Your little owl is too cute! Your coloring is amazing! :)

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for taking the challenge at Kaboodle Doodles!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Fliss

What a lovely inchies card. Love the little owl at the bottom too!

Thanks so much for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Julie said...

What a great use of inchies! Just lovely.

Suzi B said...

I'm just catching up with MMM comments.. this is gorgeous inv=chies piece .. love the owl and the butterfy.
Suzi B xx

Linda Palmer said...

I think you did a fabulous job with your inchies. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us over at the Corrosive Blog.