Monday 31 October 2011

Autumn Leaves

Good morning everyone on a very grey and blustery Monday. Hoping that you all had a lovely weekend.
Also I'd like to wish a Happy Halloween to those of you that celebrate it. 

Before I go on to details of this weeks Make My Monday challenge, can I just remind you all that my candy ends at midnight tonight so if you would like to win and haven't yet left a comment on the blog candy post, please remember you have to do this to be in with a chance. The result will be posted tomorrow evening once one of my daughters has pulled a winning name from the hat.

Now for the challenge, this week sees the last of our month of Autumn challenges and I'd like to say a big thanks to Caz for this as I really enjoyed this theme. The challenge this week is to make a project featuring Autumn Leaves and I think this is my favourite of all. I've gone quite grungy and shabby for my card with loads of texture.


As you can see, I've used a kraft card blank which I have to say are my favourites at the moment. I made a panel embossed with the Cuttlebug leafy branch folder and inked this with Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade and Aged Mahogany Distress inks.
I then added a torn edged panel of cream card stamped with a B Line Designs skeleton leaf in Rusty Hinge and a Rubber Stampede leaf stamped with Aged Mahogany.
I made a tag from a piece of hessian, fraying the edges and adding a top tab stapled on. I covered up the staple with a button tied with recycled yarn.
I made some leaves with a maple leaf stamp. embossed with clear powder and inked with various Distress inks. I cut these out and added them to the tag with a sentiment by Hobby Art.

Challenges for my card:
Creative Inspirations Paint - Inspired By Fall
Craft Your Days Away - Autumn
Crafty Creations - Leaves Fall Palette
Addicted To Stamps - Shabby, Shabby Chic or Vintage
Quirky Crafts - Autumn Leaves
The Shabby Tearoom - Homespun Fall

Have a great week.
Fliss xx

24 comments:

Sandra said...

Great card Fliss,i like the hessian you have added.
Sandra x

Irene said...

Gorgeous autumn card Fliss, love the hessian tag.
Irene x

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card, my fave colours, too! Have a good day, Valerie

Doreen said...

really gorgóus card. I love the colours.
Hugs, Doreen xx

Ink Art Designs said...

A gorgeous card Fliss...I love all the textures and layers. And the colours are just beautiful
Dot x

Diane said...

Lovely entry to the quirky crafts challenge. Thank you! Come back for voting on Friday.

Jacqueline said...

love the hessian texture on this card
Fliss, lovely colours too - Jacqueline xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Gorgeous...love the different textures!

greetings, Alie :-)

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful autumn card, love all the texture on it. Great colors.

Spyder said...

Love the texture and colours of your card, thank you so much for joining in with Quirky Craft's challenge, don't forget to pop back this Friday/ Saturday to vote for your favourites!

((Lyn))

Caro said...

Wonderful use of the cuttlebug embossing folder and fantastic colours. Thanks for joining in with our challenge at Quirky Crafts.

Suzi B said...

I love the the hessian tag well i like the whole card actually1 ;D
Suzi B xx

Cath Wilson said...

The colours on this are absolutely stunning! I'm a leaf fan anyway, but I love what you did here x

Meggymay said...

Great card, love your leaves and the materials you addded. Yvonne x

Vicky Hayes said...

I love all the texture you've used here Fliss and the inked embossed panel is just gorgeous! I'll never be able to sit it one of those Johnny English chairs again without dissolving! Vx

Dazie said...

Lovely make, I love the layout!

Thanks for joining us this fortnight over at Craft Your Days Away!
Dazie
x

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

Fliss,,, I love the tactileness of this card...snap on the embossing folder btw. Its a beauty!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. I love the leaves and the embossing.

papertrails leaver said...

I absolutely love this! Such a great use of leafs! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations! :-) Amy

Mynn xx said...

This is so pretty--I am in love with the texture that the burlap lends to the card! Fabulous work! :)

Nana Donna said...

Very very nice, love the use of the burlap Thanks for sharing at Crafty Creations

Marlies said...

A beautiful card in lovely autumn colours! Thanks for joining us at ATSC,
hugs, Marlies

Melissa Bove said...

Love your beautiful card!! All the natural elements on it are fabulous!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa

Sarahshandmadecardsx said...

A stunning autumnal card.

Thank you for joining us this fortnight at Craft Your Days Away in our autumnal/fall challenge.

Sarahx