Friday 7 October 2011

Handmade Flowers

Good morning everyone on a very chilly Friday. It looks like Autumn has finally arrived and I was rather surprised to find my hubby had put the heating on this morning as he is normally the last one to do this!

We have a new challenge for you over at Polka Doodles and this time it's my turn to choose the theme. As I'm sure you know, I really like making my own card elements in lots of ways so my challenge to you is to show some Handmade Flowers on your creation. You can use punches, die cuts, stamps, decoupage - in fact anything but pre-made paper or silk flowers.


I've used elements for my card that you can find on the A Double Sprinkle Of Kraft CD which I love for the pretty shabby chic papers.
I've made a favourite shaped card that I really love at the moment as it's quite easy to do but looks very different. This is quite a big card but will still fit in an A5 size envelope as I made sure that the raised central panel doesn't exceed the measurements.
I covered the card base with striped paper and then added a strip of floral paper trimmed with scallop scissors and inked to emphasize the edges. I then added a scalloped border from the CD.
I made the central panel with a cute girl image, coloured with Prisma pencils and then ran a warm grey Promarker round the edges of the image to make her pop out more. I layered the image panel on contrasting papers and then on a scalloped panel which I hand trimmed with scallop scissors and inked with brown.
I finished off with a flower made from scraps of paper and a Woodware punch and emboss punch. I inked the edges and added silk flower stamens to the centre. I also made the embossing show up more by using a large embossing ball tool in the embossed lines.

I hope you can enter and look forward to seeing the flowers you create.

I'm entering my card in the following challenges:
Crafts and Me - Use A Digi
Fab 'n' Funky - Die Cuts/Punches
Penny's Paper-Crafty - Anything Goes
Color Throwdown
Anything Goes Challenge - Die Cuts/ Punches or both

Have a lovely day,
Fliss xx

23 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful card! Have a nice weekend in spite of bad weather! Valerie

Jacqueline said...

Lovely card Fliss - and a great challenge, think I might have a go at this one - Jacqueline xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss
It is equally chilly up here Brrrrrrr!!!
Thank you so much for commenting on my Shabby Girls tags :)
Oh your card is full of sweetness with the prettiest of colours.
The weekend should be fun, especially Sunday!!!!!
Wishes
Lynne

Jan Hennings said...

what a beautiful card!

Irene said...

Fantastic card Fliss, image coloured perfectly and so love your flower.
Have a good weekend.
Irene xx

brenda said...

I always think blues and brown are a perfect match Fliss, a great card.

B x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Fliss, a very pretty flower!
Clairexx

Sandra said...

Fab card Fliss i love polka doodles ,hope you have a lovely weekend x

Meggymay said...

Beautiful card, the flowers look real pretty. Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

I love the layers and colours Fliss and your flower is gorgeous.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lori said...

How pretty! Love the mix of patterned papers and the layered flower, too. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown.

Anne-Marie said...

Wow!!! What a lovely card, the image is lovely.

Thanks for joining us at FnF for this weeks Challenge.

Anne-Marie x x

Rose said...

Gorgeous card Fliss, lovely colours, I hope to take part in this challenge too.

Love, rose xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely image. Your handmade flowers looks great.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Fliss Your handmade flowers are just so petty as is the image. Once again beautiful work from you , its always a pleasure to visit.

Marie

cheryl said...

oh hun this is one really beautiful card just love that little girl she is gorogeous beautifully colored too bless you for playing at anything goes this week love hugs cherylxxxx

jacirascrap said...

Estive lá conhecendo o blog e já me tornei seguidora!

Amy Sheffer said...

What a sweet image! Great job with the Color Throwdown colors!

Louise said...

Hi Fliss gorgeous card this young lady is so lovely
Hugs louise xx

Tamara Morton said...

Gorgeous card, beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Anything goes challenge Blog
hugs
Tamara

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with our anything goes challenge over at Pennys Challenges and good luck Julie DT

Sharon said...

What a stunning creation for our challenge at Anything Goes. Thanks for taking part, hugs Sharon

RoseC said...

Fliss, your little girl image looks great on this fabulous card. Lovin' that handmade flower too! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Digi team's "Use a Digi" challenge. ~ Rose