Monday 24 October 2011

Orange And Black

Good morning folks on a rather cold and very windy Monday. I hope you all had a lovely weekend and managed to get some crafting done too. I did quite a lot, some of which is under wraps still.
We have a new challenge for you today over at Make My Monday and continuing with the October Autumn theme, we have a colour challenge for you, Orange and Black, which can be Halloween or not, the choice is yours.
I wanted to do a Halloween project but don't own any stamps which fit this so I resorted to digital images and papers.


I decided on a fun and spooky creation because I love the spiders on the backing paper - they look so cute, unlike the real thing which I'm not at all keen on! The paper is from the Polka Doodles Polly Witchydoodles Halloween download bundle and I printed this out, tore the edges to distress them and inked them with Black Soot Distress ink.
The other elements are all from the Polka Doodles Sundae Of Seasons CD and I used the black and white digital stamps, colouring with Promarkers. I cut out the pumpkins and rounded them out with a large embossing ball tool before adding to the card with layers of foam tape for a 3D effect.
I added a larger bat and text printed with a Dymo label maker to finish.

The DT have some very varied projects to inspire you so do pop over for a look as there are some really gorgeous creations there. Talking of which, your entries for the last challenge were fabulous and it was so hard to pick only 3!

Challenges for my card:
CD Sunday - Halloween
Creative Inspirations Paint - Halloween
Dream Valley Challenges - Halloween
Gingerloft - Halloween or Fall
2 Sisters - Pumpkin Patch
Card Makin' Mamas - Halloween
Fashionista Friday - Spooky Fall
Raise The Bar - Orange and Black

Hope you all have a great week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

34 comments:

Jacqueline said...

This is such a fun card - gorgeous pumpkins - Jacqueline xx

Sandra said...

What a fab card ,love it Fliss
Sandra x

cheryl said...

oh fliss this is just brilliant oh just love the scene you have created with amazing detail hugs cherylxxx

Brenda Brown said...

Spookylicious Fliss - a great card with the Halloween house and the pumpkins.
Have a great week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Pamela said...

WOW! I love this! Looks like I'm going to have to get Nikky's Sundae of Seasons. I've only just discovered Polkadoodle cds so only have 5 at the mo. Thanks for joining in this week.
Pamela (Guest Designer in October for CD Sunday)

Jocelyn said...

This is a great fun card for this time of year - just perfect.
Thank you for joining us at CD Sunday this week.

Jocelyn
CD Sunday DT

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Great Halloween card!!

greetings, Alie :-)

craftybren said...

Brilliant card

Carol said...

Hi Fliss. What a great card. Like my fellow teamie Christine I am not really into Halloween and struggled myself but I love this one of yours.
Thank you for joining us at Cd Sunday
Carol
xx
Cd Sunday DT

Sally H said...

Oh wow! Gorgeous!

Christine said...

Hi Fliss, what a super card, you have captured Halloween perfectly. Thanks for sharing it with us at CD Sunday this week.
Hugs
Christine xx
CD Sunday DT

Irene said...

Great card Fliss, love the pumpkins.
Irene x

Cazro said...

I love the fun element you've added to the card, love those punpkins too. Caz

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Fliss What a fabulous scene you have created for us love your goulash images and the spiders are just so cheeky.

Marie

Anonymous said...

Fliss
It is cold, wet and windy here also!!!
A great scene you created and this pumpkins just make you :)
Wishes
Lynne

starcyl said...

Fab card Fliss and it looks like Polka Doodles will be on my list for the NEC. Thanks for joining us this week at CD Sunday, hpe to see you again soon.
Jenny x
CD Sunday DT

Meggymay said...

A real fun Halloween card, love your crooked house. Yvonne x

Fiona said...

Your card is 'Spooktacular' Fliss!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great spooky creation, love the bright colors and the eyes are so cool.

Carrie's Corner said...

Great Halloween card! Love the spider paper. Can't help but chuckle at those eyes! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie

Mynn xx said...

The little spiders on your background paper made me happy! :) LOVE your jack-o-lanterns and bat popped up, as well! :)

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Fliss,
Although I'm not into Halloween (down here in Oz) I do appreciate the creativeness and work you've put into this piece.
Creative hugs,
Anna

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A great card, seems like this is another CD I will have to add to my wish list.

Sue x

Gaynor Greaves said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for sharing with us at Gingerloft, good luck, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Kianel said...

Very cute and funny card!
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Inspirations paints challenge!
Love from France, Kianel.

Thanh Vo said...

Fliss I love the scene that you built on your card! Thanks for joining us over at Raise the Bar this week.

Aquarius said...

A great spooky card for inspiration this week

Sara said...

So spooky and scary! Love it, love the googly eyes! thanks for playing along with CMM!

Unknown said...

Like your color of pumpkin ....Fantastic creation of the Dt, love the background to the spooky verse! Beautifully designed card!!!
plastic id cards online
Plastic Gift Card

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Just love this little scene Fliss. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

Wendy -x-

~*Joni said...

Fliss what a great design! Thank you so much for joining in on our Orange & Black challenge this week at Raise The Bar!
~*Joni RTB DT

Gale said...

Awesome! I love the bat and the pumpkins. They are just to cute.
Thanks for joining our Halloween/Fall challenge over at GingerLoft!
:) Gale

Suzi B said...

Great Halloween card Fliss... the images are wonderful!.
Suzi B xx

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your fantastic halloween scene Fliss but I have to beg to differ - there is no such thing as a cute spider EVER!!! Vx