Tuesday 25 October 2011

Send In The Clowns

Good afternoon folks, I hope you're having a good week so far. I'm here today with another just because piece of artwork which is a little different. It came about because I saw the gorgeous lady Pierette image on The Graphics Fairy's fabulous site and immediately wanted to make something with her. Judy Collins started singing in my head and this collage was the result.


As you can see, the image is really beautiful. I printed her out and cut her out then decided to add wings. The gorgeous butterfly that I used for these is from June of Dezinaworld's fabulous Butterfly PNG set which I love because it's so versatile. I printed the image out on beige parchment paper and cut the wings out.
I then made a balloon using this rather jolly clown face also from The Graphics Fairy. I simply printed it out and drew the balloon shape by hand and cut it out and added a red string.
I assembled the pieces on the pretty dotty paper from the Polka Doodles Paper Boutique Volume 3 CD printed on to beige parchment paper and glued to strong card.
I then altered a plain wooden frame by painting it with antique white acrylic paint and stamping on a checkered design by Polka Doodles from the Wonderland set with various Palette and Stazon inks. I then dry brushed with more of the white for a soft look. I added computer generated text coloured with inks and stamped then dry brushed.

Bye for now,
Fliss xx

13 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is very pretty, Fliss, love the colours too! Valerie

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

What a cute collage!

greetings, Alie :-)

Irene said...

Brilliant creation Fliss, love the images.
Irene x

Sandra said...

Fab card Fliss
Sandra x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A fabulous project Fliss - the image is beautiful and I love the butterfly wings. Brilliant paint effect on the frame - I can see that checked stamp being useful on so many occasions.
I haven't entered for your blog candy Fliss, because as I'm sure you remember, I was lucky enough to win this wonderful and versatile set of your stamps TWO years ago - October 9th 2009 - wow, where does the time go?! Whoever wins is in for a treat - the stamps are fabulous.
Hugs, Sylvia xxx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Really a fabulous image.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous collage, its a beautiful image. Yvonne x

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Fliss it is indeed a great image but you have elevated it to another level . Just fabulous.

Marie

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so creative and original. I really love how you altered the frame. xx

cheryl said...

oh fliss this is just brilliant just love this hun so creative hugs cherylxxxx

brenda said...

Shock and amazement, tis I veturing into blogland Fliss, thought it was time I did a little trip round.

Been having a nose and of course some awesome work as ever, a real pleasure to visit.

B x

Cazro said...

A lovely project Fliss.How are you, has life slowed down? Caz

Anonymous said...

Hi Fliss
I absolutely love your use of June's butterfly to create the wings on this beauty.
A very clever card.
Wishes
Lynne