Tuesday 22 May 2012

Coming Up Roses

Good morning folks, I'm back again with some extra special news of a special challenge over at Polka Doodles which starts today because it's the challenge blog's 3rd birthday - Happy Birthday Polka Doodles!
I also want to say thank you to Nikky here as I've now been part of the Design Team for over 2 years and it's been a real pleasure working with Nikky's fab designs and seeing how much the business has grown in that time too. Thanks also to my lovely doodle team-mates as it's an inspiration working with you all.
Gushing over now and on to details of the special challenge which has the most fabulous prizes that you just won't believe! As Polka Doodles is now 3, we'd like to see your birthday cards with 3 of something on them. You'll see that my card has 3 roses, 3 punched corners and 3 stamped flourishes.


The gorgeous roses are from the Sugarplum Daisy CD and I printed them out on watercolour paper then coloured them with Aquamarkers and cut them out.
The papers are also from Sugarplum Daisy and I covered my card blank with green dotty paper having first stamped and embossed with white powder my favourite flourish which is from the Daisy Doodles stamp set on 3 of the corners.
I made a pretty mat for the roses by embossing off white card with the Cuttlebug roses folder and then punched 3 of the corners with a Woodware rose corner punch. I added the roses with foam tape arranged in a bunch and glued on a bow.
I assembled the card with torn panels of various papers and doilies die cut with a Marianne circle die set. I finished off with a sentiment circle from the CD, adding a touch of colour with a pink Aquamarker.

All the details of the challenge and those amazing prizes are over on the Polka Doodles blog and you don't want to miss this one believe me! The first prize for one lucky person is just jaw dropping!!!
Hoping to see you there.


A challenge for my card - Hooked On Crafts Challenge - Flowers
Thanks for looking.
 Hugs, Fliss xx

8 comments:

Ephemera said...

Hi Fliss, this is gorgeous, beautiful layout and central image and such yummy colours (reminds me of fondant fancies!)cake on the brain as I'm trying to stop eating it LOL!. XX

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a very pretty card, love the roses and the colours! Weather here is nice today, too! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Fliss., love the delicate colours and the great images.

Marie

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card, I like the flowers and the colour combo, Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Craft,this month, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Jacqueline said...

Love this pretty papers you have used Fliss - a very beautiful card - Jacqueline xx

Netty said...

Such a pretty card Fliss, loving the colour combo. x

JayBe said...

A gorgeous design, Fliss - lovely summery colour scheme and I love the three roses. Hugz, Jan xx

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Such a pretty card Fliss, very delicate in both image and colour choice.

Enjoy what's left of our Birthday celebrations.

Claire xxx