Monday 26 November 2012

Autumn Gold

Good morning folks, it's Monday again and it's chucking down the rain outside yet again so I hope none of you have been flooded out. Not something we get here very often fortunately as the nearest rivers are 5 miles either side of us.
Today sees the last of the Autumn supplies challenges over at Make My Monday and this week the supplies in question are Buttons and Ribbon.
I decided on very warm and glowing colours for my card as I think we all need a bit of cheering up in the wet and dreary weather so I hope this does the trick!


I made the background paper using Scattered Straw, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress inks with my Vintage Inking Technique (you can find the link to this by clicking on my new Tutorial page at the top of my blog). I then added faux stitching using a brown fine pen and the Tim Holtz Idea-ology ruler.
I added the panel to a tent fold card blank I made (necessary as the card is embellishment heavy) and added a central border of scrap decorated paper from my bits box, trimmed with a Martha Stewart punch. I also added a small strip of painted corrugated card and some lovely Autumn coloured ribbon lurking in my ribbon jar.
I then added a further scrap of stamped paper from my bits box to a recycled clothing tag (thick kraft chipboard so I just had to save this!), trimming the paper edges with pinking scissors. I made a rather bold floral embellishment using a piece of velvet ribbon in a gorgeous russet shade, running a line of stitches down one long edge and gathering it up to form a circle. I topped this with a flower from my bits box and and a lovely flower button with the shank chopped off.
I assembled the card with a panel of painted corrugated card, trimmed at the top with the pinking scissors and finished off with a couple of the leaves left over from an earlier project and a die cut sentiment stamped with a Hobby Craft clear stamp on kraft card.

Have a great week.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Some challenges for my card:
Creative Inspirations Paint - Anything Goes
Gingerloft Challenge - Leaves
Stampin' For The Weekend - Use Some Texture

13 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card the autumnal colours are gorgeous as is the layout. Caroline xxx

Brenda Brown said...

A fab card Fliss, the background looks lovely and the autumn colours are beautiful
Hugs Brenda xxx

Paper Profusion said...

Wow - fabulous colours! Gorgeous card - love your design. The background is beautiful too. Nicola x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Fabulous, love the colors.

simply monica said...

super super cute love this. Be sure to join in on the next challenge at CIS Paints cant wait to see what you create.

Hugs
Monica

Deborah said...

This has a gorgeous warm glow to it, Fliss. Lovely!

PAC CHARITY CARDS said...

Great card

Thanks for joining us at gingerloft

Caz

Mynn xx said...

I just love the deep red tones in this, Fliss! GORGEOUS created flower, too! Beautiful! :)

Zue said...

A lovely autum creation, Fliss. I often think autumn colours are difficult to work with, but you have proved me wrong:)
xx

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

AGREE about the cheering up Fliss...anywhere is so grey, damp and dismal..it has me wishing for a touch of frost! Your card is lovely. Like the use of the tag and leaves behind it! Thank you for making me so welcome at MMM again! Suzanne xx

Anonymous said...

hi Fliss hope you too are feeling better soon! Fabulous card and such lovely warm colours, this is one of my favourite colour palettes and you used it so beautifully

Marie

Jacqueline said...

Love your pretty ribbon and as usual your handmade background is stunning I love all the colours you have used - Jacqueline xx

Julia S-W said...

This is gorgeous Fliss. I love the rich warm colours and all the texture.
Juliaxx